sam- until i stop breathing

this ones abt to be real sad ladies and gentleman. might wanna get a few tissues.

Laying on the hospital bed and not understanding anything as nurses rushed around you while a knife was wedged in your left lung was terrifying. Blood continued spilling from your mouth and the lack of oxygen was getting to your head. The only noise you heard was the beeping in sync with your heartbeat. In blurry vision, Sam and Dean stood at a close distance, giving the doctor space. You laid there, helpless, falling in and out of consciousness due to the pain.

"Dean, Dean that doesn't look too good we have to call Rowena or Cas or-." Sam said to his older brother who was also on edge.

"Look, look here comes the doctor." Dean said to Sam, hoping for good news about his brothers fiancé.

"Gentlemen, she needs to have a surgery but with the way the knife is positioned, she doesn't have long enough for the procedure, I advise you to say your last words. I'm so sorry." The doctor told the brothers and Sams whole world stopped. He didn't hear Dean yelling at the doctor and he didn't see Dean roughly grab the doctor by the collar of his shirt. His eyes were fixed on the beautiful girl laying in the hospital bed, fighting for her life, a fight she was loosing. Dean was pulled off the doctor by security, but wasn't kicked out. Sam went to Y/n's side, grabbing her weak hand in his as she weakly turned to look at him.

"Sam- I can't, it hurts." She said, making the man besides her break out in tears. Dean came to stand at Y/n's other side, his eyes watering at the scene in front of him.

"It's okay, you're going to be okay." Sam lied to Y/n, hoping to make her feel better.

"I- I see her." Y/n said weakly, softly crying.

"Who?" Dean asked, frowning.

"The reaper."

"Y/n, we'll bring you back okay, don't worry you're going to be back." Sam said to her, knowing he couldn't live without the love of his life.

"I-I'm sorry Sammy. I'm sorry." Y/n said while choking on her blood. As the time went on, she could see the reaper slowly walk closer and closer to her hospital bed.

"It's okay, Y/n listen to me. I love you." Sam told her through tears, bringing her hand up to his lips to pepper it with kisses. He played with the ring on her finger, his promise ring he had given to her. One to wear until the wedding happened.

"Dean, take c-care of him please, promise." The reaper was now practically standing over her bed, waiting for Y/n to say her goodbyes. She couldn't bear the thought of leaving Sam along and how his world would crumble.

"I promise Y/n, I promise." Dean said, wiping at the tears on his face. The girl who had practically been family was on her deathbed.

"No, no- not yet w-ait. Sam, Sam I love you so much." Y/n said, arguing with the reaper, but before Y/n could hear Sams reply, The reaper had pressed her lips against Y/n's ,sealing her death. The monitor flatlined and the brothers both cried over who they had lost. Sam couldn't let go of Y/n's soft hand which was now growing cold, but Dean told his brother it was time to go.

"Sam, c'mon Sammy we have to go, we have to talk to the doctor about taking her body." Dean reminded his younger brother who was completely broken now. Sam nodded, wiping the tears off his face before getting up from the chair, and pressing a short kiss to Y/n's lips. His tear had fallen onto her cheek, staining her beautiful face. He walked away with Dean to talk to the doctor and after a bit they were able to take Y/n's body back to the bunker, where they would now work on a way to bring her back. There was no way Sam was letting her go. Sam thought about how he would deal with seeing her lifeless body in one of the storage rooms while they working with Rowena on a spell. He knew this job was with risk and he knew he shouldn't have fallen in love, but he did, and it was with the most beautiful, wonderful girl he had ever known.

Sam didn't regret any of it. He only knew he was going to bring Y/n back and then, get his sweet, sweet revenge.

wc-750

this is short but i rly didn't wanna drag it so enjoy. i cried while writing this bye