Chapter 4

"If I had to live my life again, I'd find you sooner." - Kobi Yamada

Chapter 4:

Jan Di got home from work and found a huge bouquet of flowers sitting on the table. A huge smile broke on her face.

It's so beautiful! But I told Ji Hoo not to get me anymore flowers.

Still, she couldn't help feeling a little giddy. Her heart fluttered wildly as she inspected the bouquet. It was a beautiful mixture of white and yellow roses, red carnations and a few purple lotus flowers.

She went to the sink, pulled out a vase from under it, filled it with water, and set about arranging the flowers on it.

She didn't notice the card until she went to place the vase on the table.

He even got me a card!

She opened it excitedly. It wasn't as if Ji Hoo had never done this before. In fact, he used to bring and send flowers to her almost on a weekly basis until she told him to stop. He obeyed and only gave her flowers on special occasions.

She pulled the card out and read it.

"To the best noona in the world." It said.

Huh?

Jan Di frowned.

Noona?

She turned the card over. Kang San's messy writing filled up the back of the small card.

"We have preliminaries on Thursday for the competition. Can you come help us get some votes? Please, please, please?"

That's right. I almost forgot.

Kang San told her they needed to place in the top ten to get into the fashion show next week – where she and Ji Hoo would have to 'model' the shirts.

A part of her hoped Kang San wouldn't make the preliminaries, so she wouldn't have to ask Ji Hoo to wear one.

She scolded herself, feeling like a traitor.

What kind of a sister are you? Wanting your little brother to fail? It's just a shirt. You only have to wear it for a few minutes.

See, if she could only tell Ji Hoo that he'd be sure to understand.

Yi Jung sunbae!

She needed to get Yi Jung sunbae on board!

Yi Jung sunbae would understand, wouldn't he? He seems like an understanding guy...

She pulled out her phone and dialed Ga Eul's number. Ga Eul should just be getting off work too.

"Hello?" Ga Eul's voice sounded tired.

"Are you free right now?"

"Yes, just waiting for the bus to go home."

"Oh. I thought Yi Jung sunbae normally picked you up from work?"

"Yeah, but he's busy preparing for his exhibit next week. I told him I'd take the bus."

"Do you want to stop by here? I want to talk to you about something."

Ga Eul's voice perked up. "Ooohhh... are we picking out wedding flowers?"

Jan Di winced. "Umm... not really."

"Did your dress finally come in?"

"Umm... no."

"Gosh, it's taking them awfully long to ship that dress. Aren't you worried?"