Chapter 8

"Someone is going to love you, simply because you are worthy. And each touch, each kiss, each word that leaves their lips will show you what you've been missing all along." - Unknown

Chapter 8:

Jan Di heard the car long before she saw it. A red sports car that looked like the batmobile pulled up in front of them. The doors opened upwards and Yi Jung and Ji Hoo stepped out.

Jan Di and Ga Eul gasped.

Yi Jung and Ji Hoo walked towards them, dressed to the nines, looking as though they just came from a GQ fashion shoot. They walked confidently, seemingly in slow motion, with a slight air of superiority – the kind of walk that defied any other reaction other than awe.

Everyone on campus gawked at the two arrivals. Confidence oozed out of every single cell in their bodies. Their clothes had nary a wrinkle on it, and not a single strand of their hair looked out of place. Of course, it didn't help that they were all smiles as they walked; Yi Jung's bedimpled cheeks on full display, coupled with Ji Hoo's boyish grin, were winning hearts everywhere they turned. Even though the two of them wore really dark aviator sunglasses, Jan Di could tell that their eyes were solely focused on them as they walked.

It was perfection personified. In two gloriously good-looking human beings.

One of which was hers.

Students were pointing at them as the two arrived at Kang San's booth.

Jan Di heard several students whispering amongst themselves.

"Is that the F4?"

"No, it can't be. What would they be doing here? At this school?"

"They look like them."

"Probably lookalikes. We get a lot of those here."

Kang San and his friends could only stare at them, mouths gaping open.

"Hey beautiful," Yi Jung took his sunglasses off and winked at Ga Eul, who turned the deepest shade of red.

"You're here." Was all Jan Di could say as Ji Hoo stood beside her, pulled her in close, and deftly maneuvered her so he was in between her and Min Kyu. (She could swear she saw him give Min Kyu a little glare before he turned towards her.)

"Of course. Wouldn't miss it," Ji Hoo said, but she saw him look around, confused, as he examined his surroundings. "Umm... what is this supposed to be anyway?"

"We need to help Kang San get some votes," Jan Di explained. Her eyes widened as a crowd of students walked closer and closer to their booth.

Kang San's face lit up when he saw Ji Hoo.

"You came! And you even brought Yi Jung with you! I got two of the F4!" He happily exclaimed. She could tell he was jumping for joy inside. "Oh, we're definitely going to make it now!" His boyish enthusiasm was contagious, and Jan Di couldn't help but smile with him.

Ji Hoo smiled back. "You should have told us you needed help." He looked at Min Kyu and Joo Won. "Then you wouldn't have had to call others."

"Oh no, they're part of my team. They're supposed to be here with me." Kang San explained. He eagerly introduced his team mates to the new arrivals. If Kang San's teammates recognized Ji Hoo and Yi Jung at all, they certainly didn't show it.

They all chatted for a few minutes, the girls still partly in disbelief that the two boys had shown up so suddenly.

"So how come you're all dressed up today?" Ga Eul asked Yi Jung.