Chapter 23 (Bonus Chapter): The Heist

"A good friend knows all your best stories. A best friend has been there to live them with you." - Unknown

BONUS STORY: THE HEIST

"Are you for real?" Woo Bin's voice sounded a little annoyed, and Hye Jin could see his brows almost touching.

He mumbled a few more words that she couldn't understand and then hung up. She knew he'd been talking to Yi Jung. Not wanting to seem nosy, she picked up the lone magazine on top of the steel patio table and began absently flipping through it.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Woo Bin's voice cut through her thoughts. His tone wasn't that of reproach, but rather of mild amusement.

"Huh?" She looked at him as innocently as she could, afraid he heard her eavesdropping on his conversation earlier. Not that it was a big deal, but still.

Woo Bin pointed at the magazine in her hand. She turned it over and dropped it as soon as she read the cover.

"Beautiful Fall Weddings." The cover screamed at her.

The smirk on Woo Bin's face made her want to run and hide, but she had been with him long enough to know when he was teasing her so she threw the magazine at him instead. She missed.

"You wish," she said, as she stuck her tongue out at him. "You know very well that's Jan Di's."

He merely chuckled in response, and she hoped her face wasn't as flushed as she felt.

The door slid open and Jan Di came out pushing Ji Hoo towards them. A servant followed with a cart filled with treats and drinks. She set them on the table, and the four of them started munching on the snacks.

"Nice shirt," Woo Bin complimented, as Ji Hoo answered with an eye roll.

"You too," Ji Hoo teased.

"Well, I guess if we're going to vow not to go out for a week, we may as well do it together," Jan Di laughed.

The four of them wore identical bright shirts as punishment for losing the race.

"How's the foot?" Woo Bin asked.

"Better. I had them take the cast off and replaced with a boot. It's easier to manage."

"Wouldn't that take longer to heal?" Hye Jin asked, bending over to have a closer look at the boot. It was black and the bottom was made of plastic, with straps crisscrossing its length from the toes to Ji Hoo's calf.

Jan Di bent down to adjust the velcro straps, checking to make sure it was tight enough. "It's just a very tiny, non-displaced fracture. We got lucky."

"I can walk around with a cane," Ji Hoo further elaborated. "For a short period, that is. The physio helps, too."

Jan Di pulled a chair and asked Ji Hoo to put his leg on top of it, to keep it elevated. "He'll be back to normal in no time."

"Anyone heard from Jun Pyo and Jae Kyung yet?" Hye Jin inquired, as she took a sip of tea. She grabbed a chocolate scone that was covered in walnuts and took a bite. An explosion of chocolate met her taste buds. She greedily eyed the other baked goods on the tray, looking for more chocolatey goodness.

Ji Hoo nodded. "Jun Pyo called last night. They're still recovering from jet lag, but they made it. He said he must have slept for two days straight."

"And unnie called me earlier complaining that Jun Pyo kept accidentally spilling something on his shirt. She said it's a good thing she bought two dozen shirts for him before they left."