Chapter 4: Home?

After what seemed like forever, we finally made it.

Massachusetts.

Where I had to start a new life, in my junior year.

Yay. 

My mom continues to play music. My dog decides to sing along. Honestly, you can't tell the difference between Nirvana and my Mom. I decided to sing along as well, because who doesn't love Paramore? 

I loved singing. It has always been a passion of mine, and the type of music I listened to made me want to sing harder and louder. It gets your brain thinking, your blood flowing, and your heart pumping. I smiled, something I hadn't done in a while, when my mom pulled around a corner. We were almost to our new house.

"Ah, here we are, Personally I think this was worth the few days we took to drive here. And look, the movers beat us to the house! Hopefully not by too much," my mom says. We drive around the cul-de-sac until we see a cute beige and brown house with a front porch, a upstairs "edition", and a lot of land in the front. I was actually excited to start moving in and calling this home.

Home?

What am I thinking? This cannot be home. Wyoming was home. Not Massachusetts. Not this cul-de-sac. Not the medium sized home. Wyoming was my home, and will always be my home. If Dad isn't here with us, then I refuse to call this home. Dad is in Wyoming, and so should I be. But my Mom had to change that. 

We pulled in the driveway beside the movers truck. I pouted and looked down. 

"Sweetie, please don't make this harder than it already is." My Mom sighed. "I know you didn't want to leave your life in Wyoming. I know you didn't want to leave your friends or your grandparents or your school. But in order to live, people have to make sacrifices. Sacrifices aren't easy, Kylie. And you making this place seem like Hell isn't making it any easier. Just please, try. Try for Dad, okay? I wish we hadn't had to move either. I wish Dad was here too. I wish everything hadn't had to change, but it did. " She turned the car off and left the car for me to sulk in peace.

After a few minutes I got bored and exited the car. I checked my eyeliner in the mirrors and smiled. Always on point. I got Nirvana from the backseat and took her into the home. 

It was huge. I was not expecting that. 

I went back to the car and saw a guy across the street from us sitting on his porch. He was so attractive. Holy Lord. 

I got some things from the backseat, careful not to obviously stare. I couldn't help myself, though. He was gorgeous. I walked back in the house and went to my room. It was really big. There was only 4 rooms in the house, but we only really needed 2. Apparently my mom got a great deal on the house since she knew the previous owner, so she couldn't say no to the offer. I unpacked my things, starting with the pictures and ending with my clothes. My mom had my room painted in advance, so it was the perfect color - mantis green. I flopped on my bed and texted Zane. 

come over? ;) 

I smiled, laughing silently at my joke. Hopefully he wouldn't be mad, I thought. He texted me back a few minutes later.

walking to ur house rn. love you doll, please don't make a new best friend. 

never, I replied. I loved Zane. I miss him a great deal, and I wish he was still next door to me. I used to have a huge crush on him. But Zane was confused with his sexuality, and I have always respected that. That still didn't make a difference, though. I liked him a lot in 8th grade, and now its a small, tiny little crush. 

I stared at the ceiling, not knowing how I felt. There was so many emotions inside of me. My stomach then grumbled. Hunger being one of them, I thought. I chuckled and walked down the kitchen.

Maybe this will be home after all.