Chapter 6: The End Of Freedom, and the Beginning of Love

I honestly don't know why my Mom decided to move so close to the end of summer. That barely gives me time to make friends, and now I have to enter 11th grade.

Boo frickin' hoo.

I had less than a week to get things for school, including get everything filled out for my arrival there. I wasn't really worried about the academic aspect of it all. I was mainly concerned about making friends and fitting in. I usually fit "out", but that was fine by me in Wyoming. I was definitley not popular, but people didn't have a problem with me, and I had a nice amount of friends. So that's my main concern.

I dye my hair almost every month a different colour. I have piercings - snake bites, to be exact. My hair is short and cut messily. My skin is pale. But hey, I enjoy being me. Im always happy. My mom accepts me and loves me. So what more could I ask for? Except maybe a few inches. I'm only five feet tall. 

And maybe a father.

Anyway, back to the school topic. I don't wanna go. And to make matters worse, my mother has the grand idea of going around the neighborhood, knocking on people's homes, and telling them who we are and where we moved and stuff about us and blah blah blah. I tried convincing her to let me stay home, but she wouldn't let me.

"You and I are now a team. We are both going to do this whether you like it or not," she said. She was planning on going the next afternoon - the day before school. Ew, I thought. I looked at the clock. It was 6:54. I haven't eaten dinner yet, and I was so overly tired from all the shopping and paperwork I've done. I decided heating up a bowl of soup and bed would do me some good. 

I ate my soup in like, 5 minutes, tops. 

Before I know it, I was fast asleep in my bed, dreaming about God knows what.

********************************

"Kylie, wake up! It's already 1:00 in the afternoon!" I heard someone shout, assuming it was my Mom. It had to be, or else I would've been in some trouble. 

Thankfully, it was her. I wake up to find her opening my curtains and letting in the sunlight. 

"Mom, I have one more day before school. Can't you allow me to sleep before I have to wake up at 6:00 every morning for 5 days straight?" I complained and slumped out of bed. My room was kind of odd. There was a closet straight when you walked in my room, and if you turned left there was my entire room. It was big, but whoever designed this home certainly was creative. 

"Don't be silly, Kylie. 1:00 is enough sleeping time. That's all teenagers want to do nowadays. You need to live!" My mom has high expectations of what I'm to become. Oh boy. I threw on some clothes, a Bring Me The Horizon tee and a pair of green ripped skinny jeans. Oh, how I loved colours.

I grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen and we went out of the house, stopping at the house next to us. My Mom rang the doorbell and I put my headphones in and listened to music as I ate my snack. 

"Why, hello! I'm Effie Eaton, and this is my daughter, Kylie. She's 16 and going on 17. We moved into that house over there," - my mom pointed next door -, "and we would be delighted to ger to know our neighbors!" 

After what seemed like forever, we finally made it to the last house on the cul-de-sac - the gorgeous boys house.

We walked up to the house and rang the doorbell. After no response, immediatley wanted to leave. 

"Whoops, looks like no one's home. Let's go home so I can sleep," I said, but before I made it to the last step the door opens.

"Hello, young man! My name is Effie Eaton, and this is my daughter Kylie. We're new here, and we were going around the neighborhood to meet knew people! We just recently moved here a few days ago. My daughter is going into her junior year of high school. What grade are you in?" She bombarded the boy with various questions, like his name, his birthday, his grade, and where his parents were.

"Um, I'm Gerard Way. I'm going into my junior year, too, and I was born on April 9th. My parents are currently taking my brother Mikey to his friend's house," he said. He shifted his legs uncomfortably. He looked up and smiled. 

"I like your shirt," he said. 

"Thanks. I like yours too," I said when I saw his Misfits shirt. They were a good band. 

"Okay, well my daughter and I should be leaving now, thanks for talking to us!" my mom said in a way too cheery tone. He nodded and shut the door as we walked down the steps.

Gerard. Gerard Way. The guy I was falling for.