Chapter 9: Frank's House (pt.1.)

After lunch, I went to all of my other classes. It all was pretty much a blur. Boring, too.

School ended at 2:30, and I walked home, I put some Bring Me The Horizon on and blasted it on my headphones. A few times as I was walking, I saw Gerard. I thought he was beautiful. He deserved to be treated better than he was. I thought about going over to talk to him a few times, but he doesn't really talk much, so I stayed on the other side of the road and left him in peace.

I reached my house at 2:50. I had some time before I went to Frank's house. My mom was gone, and I decided to search in my bag and get the phone number Frank had written on a little piece of paper. I shoved it in my bag, not realizing how hard it would be to find it.

After about 10 minutes, I had finally found it. His number was neatly written. Nice handwriting, I thought. I texted the number he gave to me.

hii. this is kylie, is this frank? :)

After about a minute, I got a response.

yeah, this is frank iero. hi kylie :) its early but no one is home and im kinda bored, are you able to come over?

I actually was excited to go to his house. I replied.

suree. food needed? i can stop at the pizza place before i come to your house.

I got myself ready, doing my eyeliner and eyeshadow over again. I brushed my teeth and fluffed my hair a bit. It was short, but still made to be poofy. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I thought I was okay looking. Not gorgeous, but not hideous either. Maybe I was just right.

I grabbed some money from my hidden box in my room and wrote a note to my mom.

Dear Mom,

Going to a friends house. His name is Frank. We're going to play some video games. I'll call you later when I wanna come home. Love you. Btw, Nirvana is fed and in her room. Byyeee :D

I grabbed my keys and locked the door. I put on some music, and saw Gerard outside on his porch. He was looking at me. I didn't want to seem weird, so I waved. He opened his mouth, as if he were about to say something, then closed it and looked away. I looked at my feet, took a deep breath, and started walking to Frank's house.

There was a pizza place just around the corner. Frank told me where he lived when we were in study hall right before the bell rang to go home. I went inside, hoping I wouldn't have to say much. Luckily, the middle aged cashier didn't look thrilled to see me either.

"What can we get you?" she asked, annoyance hinting her voice, I opened my eyes, and replied.

"I'll have a large plain pizza," I said very softly. She reached out her hand. 

"That'll be 17 dollars." I quickly nodded and handed her a twenty. Still looking annoyed, she rang me up and gave me my change, She left to get my pizza. As she handed it to me, I noticed she had a tatto that said Gerard A. Way - Forever My Son. I looked at her.

"You're Gerard's mom?" I practically yelled. She looked puzzled, then smirked.

"So you're the girl he's been talking about. Kylie, isn't it? You moved across the cul-de-sac, ey? He says you're interested in that Frank kid. Looks pretty sad about it." I stood there, shocked. 

"Um, I have to go. Thanks for the pizza, I guess," I said, and quickly ran out the door. 

I walked a bit, then arrived at his house. I rang the doorbell, and there he was, in a band tee and sweatpants. He looked adorable. I smiled.

"Hey, bud. Pizza?"