Chapter 7: School

After I went home yesterday, I thought about Gerard. That's all I did. My mom caught me zoning out during dinner. Of course, he was on my mind. But my Mom didn't know that.

"Kylie, are you alright? You look dazed - do you have a fever?" She reached across the table and felt my forehead. I snapped back to reality and looked at my dinner.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little nervous for school tomorrow, I guess." I knew that was half the truth. More or less was Gerard, though. I didn't really know how I felt about him. He made me feel something inside that I've never felt before. As I said before, I'm generally a happy person. Yeah I can be rude time to time, but I've never been in a depression or have had trouble with being me. Gerard didn't fulfil my happiness - no, he made me feel like I was on top of the world, and when I looked into his lovely hazel eyes, I felt something I've never really expeirienced before.

Passion.

After dinner, I offered to wash the dishes so my mom could relax. By the time I was done, it was 8:00, and I was beat. I went to my room and threw on a pair of pajama pants and a Paramore band tee. I closed my curtains, brushed my teeth, and got into bed, wondering how tomorrow would turn out.

******************************************

"Good morning, sunshine! It's your first day of school in Massacusetts! Wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up!" My mom turned on some Bring Me The Horizon through her speakers and played it as loud as she could after she was done with her "first day of school" rant. I groaned, then sighed.

"I'm in 11th grade, not 1st. You do not have to wake me up by yelling anymore. I am highly capbable of setting an alarm and getting ready by myself, thank you." My body needed coffee. My mom huffed, then left my room for me to get ready. I refused to put on clothes without caffine in my system, so I went downstairs to make a cup. As I arrived in the kitchen, I saw my mom sitting at the island and reading the newspaper. My dad always did that before work, I thought. 

"So I figured I'd walk to school since it's nice out and the school isn't very far," I said as I was making my coffee. 

"Alright, dear. Did you see anyone that might be in your grade when we went around the neighborhood yesterday?" my Mom asked. I shook my head no quickly, then replied, "Well, there's Gerard." My mom raised her eyebrows.

"Gerard? The one that lives in the huge house? The last house in the cul-de-sac? The one who has a very handsome face?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, mom. That one. He seems nice, and he listens to some awesome music." 

"Well, maybe you two should become friends! He seems like a polite kid. Get to know him better," she looked at the time. "Hurry up and get ready.You have less than 30 minutes to be ready. Remember, school starts at 8:00 still." I nodded and brought my coffee back to my room. I went into my closet, pulled out a Nirvana shirt and black skinny jeans with a few rips in them, and went to the bathroom to do my make up.

My make up routine was simple. I didn't do foundation or concealer. I was okay with the occasional pimple or two. I didn't have horrible acne, so all I did was eyeshadow and eyeliner.

First, I applied black eyeshadow on my eyelid in a blending motion. Then I put on some eyeliner on my lashline and waterline. I was done. 

As I was putting on my shoes, I got a text from Zane.

u better text me to tell me how your day is going or i will walk to your home and tickle you c:

I smiled and replied.

ooh, ill be sure to, love. dont have too much fun without me plz. i love you.

I finished fixing my Vans to my liking, then told my mom I was leaving. I grabbed my bookbag and red sweatshirt from the hallway and walked out the door.

I took in the fresh air and saw a few other kids walking outside. One was a kid from the yellow house we went to yesterday, and the other was none other than Gerard Way. I started walking and put my headphones, trying to remember how to get to my new school. If all else fails, I'll just follow Gerard nonchalontley. He won't notice. 

I walked most of the way without being bothered. I still had some time so I wasn't worried about being late. Gerard was on the other side of the road. I looked down for a few seconds, then before you know it, there's a humongous dog running towards me. It looked viscious, and I screamed. The dog was just about ready to attack I closed my eyes, preparing for the worst when someone yelled, "Chye, stop! Down, Chye! Down!" I open my eyes. It was Gerard.

"Sorry about that. She's a bit rowdy. It's my aunt's dog," Gerard says, looking down, rubbing his neck. I smile.

"It's okay. I have a dog myself and she can get a bit energetic. I just wasn't prepared to be attacked by a dog almost taller than myself," I said, laughing.

"Yeah, you are pretty short," he said. He looks up, and his eyes meet mine. I quickly refuse to let myself continue staring, and thank him for making sure I survived before I died in school.

"Haha, yeah. It's not that bad, I mean, I don't socialize that much. Not many like me. Anyway, you're welcome," he replied, and put his headphones back in and starts walking. I realized the school was in sight now. I sighed. Hopefully Gerard was right.

*******************************************

Have you ever felt like you were being watched? Well, that's exactly how I felt when I walked into my new school. Gerard walked in front of me, and I watched a few bullies target him. I was about to help him when a girl came over with a group and insulted my hair.

"Did you have your dog cut your hair? What the frig. How many colours do you have in there? Orange, blue, and off-white? You have seriously bad fashion sense, gal." I nodded, then went to the principals office to get my schedule. 

I should've prepared for the worst. 

I knew someone would pick on me. I have a feeling it's going to happen more than often. I checked my schedule to see what I had first. Music. Something I really enjoyed. I followed the signs leading into my music room, and was overjoyed to see there was a drumset. I loved the drums. 

I was eager to see how this year would start. 

I would have to wait until 8:03.