Chapter 8: Meeting Frank

After I got my schedule, I went to the classes I was supposed to go to. First class was music.

I liked music. 

As I walked through the door, I was overjoyed when I saw two things - a huge drum set, and Gerard.

Gerard is more of a "who."

A good looking "who."

Anyway, my teacher seemed nice.

"Ah, you must be the new girl, Kylie Eaton. Lovely hair you have. Please take a seat, anywhere to your liking. We only have a few kids that wanted to take music this year. 7, to be exact." That was a mouthful, I thought. I sat a few seats away to Gerard, who seemed to have his head down. I looked up at the board, and almost jumped when I saw what we were doing.

We had to show our talents to the class. Meaning I could rock out on the drums.

Frick yeah.

I was so excited. The teacher began talking.

"Okay, class. Today is our first day back to school! I hope you all enjoyed your summer break! Please welcome our new student, Kylie Eaton. I am Mr.Claud. Today, we're going to be showing what we are capable of doing on certain instruments, that being violin, drums, guitar, vocals, piano, saxophone, anything. Please raise your hand so I can take note of what you'll be doing. And if you are playing drums, piano, or guitar, you may also sing. Okay, let's start." Everyone raised their hand and Mr.Claud called on a girl with blonde and brown hair. 

"Hi, I am Regina Anderson. I will playing the flute." He nodded, and called on another.

"Hello. I am Ray Toro and I will be playing the guitar." Another kid.

"Sup, I am Anthony Jones and I will be playing the piano." Then, he called on me.

"Erm, hi. I'm Kylie Eaton and I will be singing and playing the drums." I lookd up, itching my lip where my snake bites were. A guy in front of me turned around and smiled. He looked really nice, and frankly, was gorgeous.

"You have very pretty eyes. I love the colour, they aren't natural, are they?" I looked at him, my huge eyes big and wide.

"They're real. I have a rare case of something. When I was being developed, there wasn't enough pigment in my iris to cover the blood vessels. The light reflects off of the blood vessels and makes my eyes violet. Basically, my eyes lack some melanin." He seemed interested. 

"That's amazing. You're gorgeous as well as your eyes," he said, and smirked. 

"Why, thanks," I said, bashful. 

"I'm Frank. Frank Iero. Kylie is a gorgeous name," he said, looking down. I smiled, and payed attention to the teacher once again. I wasn't used to flirting. It didn't come naturally. 

The teacher talked on and on about our assignment, which we would be starting tomorrow. After class ended, I had history, then science, then pre-calc. The time went by fast. Before I knew it, it was on to lunch. I had ended up aquanting one person - Frank Iero. I thought he was good looking. Everyone else seemed to either beat him up or totally disregard the fact he was present. I felt bad for him, so I sat next to him. He had the school's lunch, something I refused to eat. He wasn't really eating it. I would consider it more picking at it and making it move around your lunch tray.

"Hi, Frank." I smiled wide, and blinked a few tears away when I saw his arm. 

Self harm. Poor kid. No one deserved to hurt themselves in any way. 

He looked up and saw me staring at his arm. He quickly put his arm beneath the table and looked at my eyes.

"Hi, Kylie. How's it going? Enjoy your first day?" he asked me. I nodded, and tried to take a bite of my salad. 

I was feeling something. This was weird. I already thought I fell in love with Gerard.

I tried to dimish the thought at once. He nudged my arm, and I looked at his face. His facial features were gorgeous. I wish he was mine.

No. What am I thinking? We're just friends. In fact, I'm going to ask him to hang out after school. 

"So, Frank, wanna hang out after school today?" I asked him. He looked surprised, and instantly smiled.

"Sure, Kylie. Come over to my place, around 4:00?" I nodded and smiled. I was happy.

I had made a new friend.