Chapter 10

I tried to get their attention and show them that I was still there. But they couldn't see or hear me. I tried to interact with objects around them, like the door, but my hand went right through it. I really could do nothing to help them or contact them. 
"GIVE HER BACK! YOU FUCKING DEMON!" Sam screamed. I felt horrible. What did she mean when she said I was special? "Please..." his voice was shaking, "Give her back." Sam was crying on his knees, holding my limp body. Lily walked over to him and put her hand gently on his back to comfort him.
Everyone was silent for about ten minutes. At least until Sam looked up and said "No, she's alright. This is all just one big nightmare. Right?"
"Yeah," Lily said apprehensively, in an effort to comfort him. "Yeah, it is..."
"I knew it. Hahaha. If I'm aware that this is a dream then that means I'm lucid dreaming, right? So I can control this dream. I can make Daisy come back!" Sam tried to bargain with himself. Sam closed his eyes tightly. "I'm trying, but it's not working. Why isn't it working?" Grace and Lily looked at each other with worry. 
"Maybe it did and- and she's just- sleeping," Grace said to Sam. "In the meantime, let's go try and find a way to open this door. Or at least just get to the other side."
"Oh, okay. That's a good idea."
"Let's leave Daisy here and let her get the rest she needs."
"Okay." Sam placed my body gently on the ground and Lily helped him up. He wiped the tears from his eyes. Forcing a smile, he said, "Let's go." He looked over to my body. "Rest well. You guys coming?" Sam said, directing his attention to Lily and Grace, as he walked back through the door.
"Yeah, just give us a moment," Grace called out. 
When he was out of earshot, Lily said, "I'm starting to really worry about him."
"Me, too," Grace replied. "I mean, he just witnessed his sister dying."
"He's already starting to show signs of trauma. The fact that he thinks his sister is asleep in his dream is a big one."
From the other room, Sam yelled, "Come on, guys. We gotta get to the other side of that door before the end of the weekend." 
"We're coming!" Lily called back. They looked at each other one last time before going to Sam. I felt horrible for Sam. Before I began to follow them, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the girl again. She was looking at me.
"Don't you love it when they have that look of hopelessness on their faces?" she said to me.
"Who are you?" I said to her. "Like what's your name?"
"There's a reason I said you were special. My name is Diana. I'm your great-great grandma."
"Wait, but you look my age."
Her face changed from a smirk to a sad and scared frown. She was silent for a moment. "I was here for about a year and my killer... he wasn't very -- respectful -- to me."
"Wait, what do you mean?" 
"You're smart, you should know. I don't want to talk about it." With that, she disappeared.