Chapter 16

After she left, Diana went back to my locker.
"Hey, Daisy. I want you to meet someone," Sam said, startling Diana. She closed the locker and saw a girl standing next to him. 
"Hello," she said to the girl.
"Hi, I'm Sasha."
"I'm Daisy. Do I know you? You seem familiar."
"I don't believe so."
"Maybe you two knew each other in a different life," Sam said jokingly.
"Maybe," Sasha said with a chuckle.
Sam directed his attention back to Diana. "She's my new girlfriend."
He put his arm around her as she put her head on his shoulder. 
"That's cute," Diana said, "but what are you going to do about Lily?"
"If she doesn't understand, then I'll make her understand," he said.
"Who's Lily?" Sasha asked.
"My ex. You don't have to worry. There's a reason I broke up with her," Sam responded.
At that exact moment, Grace walked up to the trio. "Hey, guys. What's going on?" She looked at Sasha. "Oh, hello."
"HI. I'm Sasha. Nice to meet you."
"I'm Grace. It's nice to meet you, too."
"Grace, Sasha is-" Sam was cut off by Lily, who had walked up behind Grace.
"Sam?" she said, "Can I talk to you for a minute... alone?"
"Anything you have to say, you can say it in front of my new girlfriend," He said.
"Wh-what?" Lily stammered. You could hear how broken she was just by her voice.  Tears began forming in her eyes.
"Yeah. So what did you want to say?"
"Ne- nevermind." Lily turned around and walked away.
"Sam," Grace said, "did you really have to do that?"
"Yes, for all I know she could have murdered me."
"She wouldn't do that."
"Who knows?"
Grace turned to Diana. "Daisy, can you tell him how crazy he's being?" But Diana just stayed quiet.
"Look, Grace," Sam started, "Lily and I got in a fight and broke up. I'm allowed to date someone new. Why are you making such a big deal out of it?"
"Because Lily is our friend."
"Not anymore. She didn't care about Daisy and, since you're trying to defend her, I'm starting to think you don't care either."
"Of course I care. I-"
"So then whose side are you on?"
"Are you making me choose?"
"I guess. So who's it gonna be, us or someone who would have left your best friend to die."
"I..." She was silent for a moment. "Well... when you put it that way..."
"So you're choosing us?"
"I guess." She looked at Diana. You could see that she was pleading with her eyes for her to do something. All Grace got in return was a stone cold look.