Problems In Prefection - Part 2

-Draco-

Granger was staring at him.

And she apparently hadn't realised it yet, if the glazed look in her eyes was anything to go by. Draco frowned. He had been standing in file, among the other nominees - puny sixth and seventh years. None of them even came close to him in height. Even unflanked by his loyal followers Crabbe and Goyle, he towered over them in all the majesty of the Slytherin Prince. Like the others, he had been listening to McGonagall going on about the great history of Hogwarts, and so on ad nauseam.

Which reminded him of that book Granger was always going on about, Hogwarts: A History, or whatever it was called. He had unconsciously glanced over to the Gryffindor table and found the witch herself staring right at him.

While he usually didn't mind attention from the ladies, this was a bit creepy. Plus there was the little fact that this was the darling of Gryffindor, Hermione freaking Granger. He wondered how long she had been boring figurative holes in his shoulder.

Draco shifted back slightly on his feet, trying to get out of range of her warm brown gaze. No use. Sighing softly, he decided to go for the next best thing - stare back.

So he did.

...for all of three seconds before his eyes began to wander. Had her lashes always been that long? And her lips that enticing?

Trailing slowly down her body, his eyes followed the graceful arch of her neck, the pale creamy skin of her throat a sharp contrast to the black robes. They travelled over the swell of her breasts straining against the fabric of her uniform, visible where her robe had fallen open slightly. She was wearing a black skirt that was slightly longer than required by the dress code, but it did absolutely nothing to hide the shapely legs that made him wonder how they would feel wrapped around his-

It was with difficulty that Draco prevented himself from letting escape a low, appreciative whistle. Speaking of difficulties, he discreetly moved his cloak to cover up the difficulty now making itself felt in his pants. Why did Granger insist on being such a nuisance?

He didn't care that he was openly checking her out, even if she did happen to be his least favourite person in the world, second only to Potter and the Weasel. The Golden Trio. Draco snorted in disdain.

Then Granger caught his eye, and he smirked as her eyes went wide and her cheeks turned a rather attractive shade of scarlet. She knew he had caught her ogling him and jerked her face away hurriedly, unconsciously pulling her robe closed and thus cancelling Christmas for him.

He shrugged and redirected his attention to McGonagall. Score one for Malfoy.

-The Great Hall-

Oblivious to the tension at the back of the hall, Professor McGonagall was just finishing her speech, "...and do their very best."

Applause filled the hall, Hermione politely joined in. Draco yawned.

"Let the ceremony begin!"

~~~~~
A/N:
👀✌
The next update will be sometime next week. Maybe less, not more.