Problems In Prefection - Part 7

A/N: I drew the layout of Draco and Hermione's dorms, check the picture for reference.

He was hogging the bathroom.

Hermione had gotten up a bit later than usual, owing to the lateness of the hour when she had finally finished unpacking and collapsed on the bed, exhausted. She had awoken in alarm to Crookshanks yawning in her face, before realising it was still the weekend. She relaxed for approximately three seconds, and then recalled she still had to get to breakfast. Panicking, she had collected her toiletries in a mad rush and run to the common bathroom, only to find the door on her side well and truly locked.

Bloody git.

She thumped on the door. "Malfoy! Hurry up!"

All she heard in response was the sound of the shower turning up.

Frustrated, Hermione pointed her wand at the keyhole, not really expecting it to work. "Alohomora!"

Just as she had expected, nothing happened. The door stayed firmly shut.  Muttering curses, she raised her fist and banged on it again. "OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR, MALFOY!"

No response.

There wasn't much else she could do but pace the room, thinking of relatively legal ways to (painfully) torture the ferret without getting expelled for it.

After what seemed like hours, she finally heard the taps being turned off. Breathing a sigh of relief, she pressed her ear to the door and waited for Draco to open the damn thing so she could give him a piece of her mind.

She heard soft sounds of terrycloth on skin. He was towelling himself off - slowly, just to piss her off further, no doubt. Ignoring the image of Draco in nothing but a towel slung dangerously low on his hips that thrust itself to the forefront of her mind, she listened closer and heard the sound of a door unlocking. The other door. She tapped her foot, impatient for him to open the door on her side so she could finally go in and take her shower.

Except...he didn't.

The other door opened and closed, and then there was no further movement. Hermione stood stock-still for a second before the full impact of what had just happened hit her like a blow to the gut. Draco fucking Malfoy had locked her out of her own bloody bathroom.

"Merlin's pants!" Now she would have to confront him. Fuming, she stomped out of her portrait hole and stood in front of the King. The slimy little ferret was so going to get it.

"Hogwarts."

The painted monarch shook his head. "Incorrect."

But before she could scream in disbelief and frustration, the King raised his eyebrows and the portrait swung open to reveal a very smug, very fresh and very naked Draco Malfoy standing in the space it had left.

"Good morning to you too, Granger."

Hermione's mouth had gone dry. Her eyes automatically travelled down the smooth planes of his chest, the chiseled stomach, and her throat constricted when they fell upon the telltale V with the happy trail of fine golden hair that led down to the microscopic towel she now saw he was wearing - barely, just barely hiding his business.

"Enjoying the view, Granger?" He drawled, smirking shamelessly.

Hermione turned back to Draco and gritted out, "You certainly won't anymore if you don't unlock the bathroom door right away, Malfoy."

A gentle bubble of laughter escaped the Queen's portrait. Hermione's cheeks flamed, and if looks could kill, the painting would have been nothing but a pile of ashes in a matter of seconds.

Draco raised an eyebrow. "If you wanted to see me naked that badly, Granger, there are better ways to do it than attempt to barge in on me while I'm in the shower." He smirked, thoroughly enjoying her frustration.

Her jaw dropped. This was usually the point where she would be on the verge of tears, but just now Hermione was too angry to cry. So angry, in fact, that she was surprised to find herself quite calm.

She stepped forward, now in his personal space, a malicious satisfaction filling her as he suddenly started looking uncomfortable, and spoke in quite an even tone, "Or perhaps it's you who locked my door on purpose so I would have to come over while you were in nothing but a towel."

She smiled, an innocent smile.

"Look me in the eyes and say that's not exactly what you wanted, Malfoy."

He took a step forward as well, his distracting eyes boring into her own. He was so close to her now she could make out each individual golden eyelash.

Hermione did not step back, no matter how much she wanted to turn tail and run away as fast as possible. Her heart seemed to have stopped beating as she held her ground, crossing her arms across her chest as though girding for battle.

"Maybe," he whispered, his tone dark with something she did not recognise, "I did."

And he kissed her.

~~~~~
A/N
F I R E W O R K S
P.S. the next chapter is a filler so I'm posting both this and that together. Enjoy :)
Look at me, posting on time and not one but two chapters in a row ✊