Chapter 2 - New Home

Adelaide POV

Alex and I were both shocked at the fact that Savannah held our hands as we walked over to the car. We had done it out of instinct, but Savannah had just kind of shrugged before holding them. Luckily Alex and I were able to control our shock and smiled instead.

When we arrived at the car I had helped Savannah move into the middle before Alex and I both climbed in on opposite sides of her. We had just left the festival when Savannah spoke up, "Uhm, not that I'm not appreciative, but why are you guys helping me?"

Alex looked lost for words, so I took over. "Well first we thought you were a little girl, but when we found out you weren't, we could kind of tell that you've had a hard life. We knew we could help, so that's what we are doing. Now you said you typically catch your food?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Well we don't really need hunters these days, but how do you feel about gardening? That could be your job if you'd like it to be? Though, if you don't want to work then that's also fine with us. We just want to ensure your safety." I asked her. She nodded her head and let a yawn escape causing me to chuckle a little bit.

"It's a little bit of a drive, so you can sleep if you'd like." Alex finally spoke up.

"I think i'd like to work. I don't want to mooch off of you guys. Thank you, I didn't sleep too much last night. Is- Is it okay if I lay my head on one of your shoulder's? If not I understand, it's just hard to lay my head backwards. I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked." She said apologetically causing me to shake my head at her.

"You're fine, of course you can sweetie. How about this time you cuddle with Alex and next time we're in the car you can cuddle with me?" I asked her with a gentle smile.

Savannah looked over to Alex who smiled at her, "You don't have to cuddle me, I know that may be weird. I'm okay with just laying my head on your shoulder." Savannah said quietly.

"Nonsense, I'd rather you be comfortable honey. Come here," Alex told her with open arms. Savannah surprisingly didn't hesitate and curled into Alex with her head resting on her chest.

It wasn't much longer before Savannah was completely out. Alex looked up to me, "I'm surprised you didn't want to cuddle her first."

I shook my head slightly, "Oh trust me I did, but I wasn't the one pouting about you know what this morning."

Alex looked over to me and sent me a quiet thanks and afterwards I took a picture of the two. "Ad, do you think she is you know, a little?" She asked nervously.

I nodded my head with a small smile, "I do. I don't know if you caught it but she most definitely had a baby talk slip up, she held our hands when we offered them and didn't let them go, and now she is cuddling with you. I think she's scared to be little, but hopefully with some time and patience, she'll be okay."

Alex nodded and looked like she was thinking before she spoke up again, "What if she is a little, but decides she doesn't want to be our little?"

I shook my head, "I think you shouldn't worry about what could happen in the future, but if it does happen then we help her find a caregiver along with allowing her to still work there if she chooses. Understood?" I asked her firmly and she nodded.

Savannah POV

"Savannah sweetie, it's time to wake up. We are home." Alex quietly said to me while rubbing my arms to try and get me to wake up. I slowly opened my eyes to see that I had curled myself more into Alex in my sleep than I did when I was going to sleep. Instead of just my head being on her chest, I had brought my knees up to my chest and they were on her legs, and I was tightly gripping her neckline which I let go as soon as I saw it.

I blushed and apologized. Alex and Addie smiled and said it was okay though. As Addie helped me out of the car I looked up and saw what they were referring to as home. "This is a castle." I said with a gasp.

"We like to just call it home. Come on, we'll show you around." Alex said and held her hand out again which I quickly grabbed. I wasn't holding their hand because I'm a little, I'm just small and it's so I don't get lost.

They showed me the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, their offices, the throne room, their bedroom, and then finally my bedroom and bathroom. There were a bunch of other rooms that they wanted to show me, but I really just wanted to take a shower and maybe eat some food.

"Here's a towel and I'll have a maid run some clothes up to you. If you need anything, just yell for us okay? We'll be in our bedroom which is right next door." Addie told me and I nodded my head so she left the bathroom.

I quickly got undressed and into the shower. Hissing slightly at my open wounds. I may or may not have gotten into a fight with a raccoon over some food yesterday and I didn't really have anything to clean it with.

After my shower I wrapped a towel around my body when a maid came in. She looked shocked for a moment before speaking, "My apologies Miss Morton. I thought you were still in the shower." She hesitated before speaking again, "Those cuts on your body don't look well. I should probably tell the queens."

I quickly shook my head, "First of all, call me Savannah, not Miss Morton. Second of all, please don't tell them. It's embarrassing." I said ashamed.

"They would want to know Savannah. How did you get those anyways?" The maid asked me.

I looked down at my feet before looking up at her, "I'd rather not say. Look, do you have a first aid kit or something? I can clean them up myself and no one has to know." The maid looked unsure but eventually said she would go and grab one.

A few minutes later I see the maid, who I learned was called Izzie, came back with the first aid kit causing me to smile at her. My smile quickly faltered when I saw both of the queens behind her with concerned faces.

"Oh my goodness, what happened to you?" Queen Adelaide asked frantically.

"I'm fine, I just need to get them cleaned up." I told her as I took the first aid kit from Izzie. I looked at Izzie with a bit of a glare, "I thought we weren't going to tell them?"

Izzie looked unfazed at my glare, "The closest first aid kit is in their bathroom. They were suspicious." She said shrugging her shoulders.

Queen Alexandra took the first aid kit from me and had a serious look on her face, "I need to know what happened and I need to know now."

I shrunk back at her intimidation tactics, but ultimately shook my head causing her to raise a brow. "It embarrassing. No tell." I said quietly, letting out a groan when I heard my baby talk.

Alex quickly softened her face and crouched down to me, "I really need to know though. I just want to make sure you're okay."

Not trusting my baby talk, I just said 'raccoon'. She nodded her head, "A raccoon did this to you?"

"Mmhmm." Alex looked up at Addie with a surprised look before turning back to me.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Addie asked me, but I just shook my head. "Okay sweetheart, that's okay. Maybe later?" I gave her a small nod hoping that would get them to leave.

Unfortunately for me that wasn't the case. When I wasn't paying attention they had sent Izzie to get one of their nurses who came in and doctored all of the wounds along with giving me a shot which I was not happy about. I didn't dare cry about that though, they would get too suspicious. They probably would be disgusted to know I'm a little.