Ch. 29 - Nightmares

Savannah POV

I was back in the basement with that awful chain around my leg. I'm honestly surprised that Harry didn't wrap it around my neck seeing how brutal he is. I was stuck in my thoughts when I heard footsteps coming downstairs.

I see Scary Harry and start crying again. The fear of everything he has done made me slip, I hate slipping out of fear. "Hawry, p'ease, p'ease no hurt." I begged him. He just laughed in my face before starting his abuse.

I start thrashing around when I feel a tight grip around me, I start crying more. "P'ease! P'ease no hurt!" The grip holds on and I feel two more arms grip me causing me to open my eyes seeing my mommies.

"Mommy! Momma!" I cried out and stopped thrashing so they could hold me.

"We're here baby, please try to calm down sweetheart," Mommy told me as she laid kisses on my head.

"You are safe now Savannah. He can't hurt you. You are safe," Momma spoke next and she pulled me onto her lap causing me to flinch due to my broken body.

"I'm sorry for hurting you just then baby," Momma said with a hint of guilt. I laid my head on her chest and cried softly.

"It okay momma, wan snuggles." I told her and she gently rocked me back and forth.

"Do you want me to get you anything pumpkin?" Mommy asked sweetly.

"Lots of snuggles p'ease." I told her shyly.

Mommy smile at me, "Sweetie, that was already going to happen. But did you want anything else like a drink, a snack, a specific blanket?"

"Can I has my elephant?" I asked with a smile. I haven't seen her in awhile. Mommy's smile never left her face and she nodded saying she would be right back.

"Momma nurse?" I asked once Mommy left the room. Momma looked down at me with a smile and lifted her shirt so I could latch on. I suckled on her feeling myself calm down more and more before Mommy came back with my stuffie.

I stopped nursing with momma after a little while and just laid in her arms while she rubbed my head and mommy snuggled in enough to be able to rub my legs. I started to feel guilty about how much they were spoiling and coddling me. "I sorry if I a burden," I mumbled out against momma's chest.

I had both sets of eyes immediately look down to me, "Baby girl, you are not a burden." Momma told me and pulled me closer to her body somehow.

"I is. You has to do too much fo' me now." I tried to explain to her but both her and mommy shook their heads.

"That's our job pumpkin. We are your mommies and that means taking care of you, spoiling you, and coddling you as much as we want or need to. We love you." Mommy explained to me.

"I love you bot' too. I still sorry." I said the last part with a shrug. Momma pinched my side causing me to squeal, but both women laughed.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. Okay? Don't be sorry, we want to take care of you." Momma explained while lifting me out of her lap and into my wheelchair. "Now, why don't we go get some fresh air?" Momma said as she started pushing my chair with mommy right behind her.

"Mommy, momma, when I no need stupid chair?" I asked grouchy, I hated this chair. I just wanted to be held by my mommies.

"Just a couple of more days pumpkin. The doctor said you should be stable enough for us to carry after a couple more days, and then maybe a week or so before you can walk on your on. Also, don't say stupid. That's not a very nice word." Mommy told me and I put my head down feeling bad about the word.

"Sorry mommy. No say stupid again." I whispered.

Mommy rubbed my head as we walked, "Thank you for the apology baby. And it's okay, all is forgiven, you don't need to be upset with yourself over it." Mommy told me sweetly and I smiled at her.

Both of them always know when I get upset with myself and always tell me it's all okay. Eventually we make it out to the garden, they both know this is my favorite place to be when we are outside.

Momma slows down my wheelchair before setting it's breaks. Mommy then comes around and lifts me out of my seat and over to one of the benches. She doesn't let me sit down on the seat, but instead cradles me in her lap.

I'm still feeling small, but I feel like I'm coming out of headspace. "Are you guys okay?" I asked and both women looked at me. They both gave me fake smiles before Alex spoke up.

"Of course we are okay sweetie. Why wouldn't we be? Are you coming out of headspace?" Alex asked me.

I nodded my head slightly, "Yeah, I think I am coming out of headspace. And I was just curious. I know I went through a lot with Harry and my body is super broken right now, but I feel like you guys are coddling me to an extreme. Which don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it, but I just wanted to make sure you both were okay." I told them and I could feel Addie let out a quiet sigh.

Adelaide POV

I was holding Savannah in my lap when she started questioning if we were okay, and in all honesty, we aren't. Savannah went through a lot of trauma during her time with Harry, but Alex and I also suffered with being away from her and not being able to protect her.

I knew she was big or at least bigger, so I felt comfortable with this conversation. I sighed before beginning. "Baby girl... We are okay, now that you're back. You went through a lot with Harry, that's true, but momma and I struggled a lot with you being gone. I don't know if you realize how much we love you, but it felt like our entire world shattered when you were gone." I told her and she nodded laying her head on my chest, so I kissed her forehead.

Alex continued, "All we knew was that you were gone, and we didn't think you did it on your own. When we found out the Harry was missing too, that's when we started to realize what had happened. We didn't know where you were, if you were hurt, after our quick phone call we didn't even know if you were still alive. I think right now, we still aren't okay even though Addie says we are," She said that giving me a pointed look that I slightly coward to. "But we are getting there. We have had so much relief getting you back, but there's still part of us that's waiting for the other shoe to drop. That's why we have been the clingy ones to you and never wanting to let you out of our laps. Of course, if it's too much for you, we will try to ease back on the coddling, but we just wanted to let you know what we went through while you were gone."

Savannah shook her head quickly, "No! I definitely still want the coddling and all of the attention. I love every second of it. At first, little me was worried that I was too much of a burden for you two, but then big me realized that you guys weren't okay after what happened. I'm so sorry for putting you two through that."

I furrowed my brows at her, "Pumpkin, you didn't do anything wrong. You have no need to apologize." I tried explaining to her.

She shook her head no, "No it's my fault I ended up with Harry in the first place. I was little and he approached me on the swings. I was trying to be nice because I understood he was just excited about telling his family. But he, he..." She started crying at the memory I'm assuming so I rocked her back and forth while Alex told her everything was alright.

She sniffled away the last of her tears, "He told me that you two had a surprise for me and that I was supposed to follow him. When he mentioned you guys, when I was in little space, I assumed that you two would be there. But when we got around to the gates, you two weren't there. All that was there was his car. I realized what was going on and asked for you guys, but he started saying you two weren't my real family before shoving me into his car."

I hugged her closely, "I am so so sorry sweet girl." I sighed not knowing what else to say.

She smiled while positioning her head to get more comfortable on my chest, "It's okay mom. I'm just happy to be home with you and Ma."

Alex leaned over to kiss the top of Savannah's head, "And we are so happy to have you home." Alex said back to her and I nodded in agreement.