Chapter 5 - The Mother's

Savannah POV

I wake up the next morning to see that the sun was just barely out. I hope I can start training my body to sleep in soon. I'm so used to being up this early to catch fish in the creek that I just naturally wake up super early in the mornings now.

My throat was feeling a little dry so I decided to head down to the kitchen for a cup of water. On my walk down there I didn't pass a single soul. I guess the queens and everyone else must be sleeping.

Once I make it to the kitchen I start rummaging through the cabinets trying to find a cup. I had to crawl up onto the counters to actually be able to reach. I finally found a cabinet with plastic cups instead of glass so I grabbed one of those. It had little penguins on it and I smiled at how cute it was.

"What are you doing up there?" A voice behind me said. I let out a yelp and fell off the counter landing on my shoulder. It stung really bad, but I managed to hold back my tears.

The person who spooked me came around the kitchen island and I saw it was Izzie who spooked me. "Goodness sweetie. Are you okay?" Izzie asked as she crouched down next to me.

I nodded my head, "My shoulder hurts a little bit, but I think I'm okay."

Izzie nodded her head, "How about I get you some ice and we can wrap it. What were you trying to get?"

I showed her the cup, "I was thirsty and wanted water. I couldn't reach the cabinets, that's why I was on them. I didn't want a glass so I found this cute plastic cup."

Izzie nodded again and took my cup to fill it up with water. She handed it to me and I immediately started drinking it. While I was drinking the water, Izzie had come back with an ice pack that can wrap around my arm easily.

I smiled, "Thanks Izzie."

She patted my knee, "Not a problem."

"Hey Izzie? Do you think I could meet more of the Queen's family? They haven't introduced me yet, but if I'm supposed to start working I don't want their families to get confused if they see me hanging around. Alex and Addie don't want me to start work yet because they want me to heal up some and get used to the castle, so I'm afraid I'll run into them on accident." I explained to her.

Izzie nodded with a hint of confusion lining her facial expressions. "Uhm yeah of course. If you'd like, Queen Alex and Queen Addie's mothers are in the lounge room. I could take you there if you'd like?"

I smiled and nodded so Izzie helped me up onto my feet and led me out of the kitchen. We made our way to the lounge room where Izzie left me at the door. I took a deep breath before entering the room making eye contact with two older women.

They both smiled at me, "Hi little one. Who might you be?" The older woman with blonde hair and green eyes asked. She looked rather similar to Alex except you could see strands of silver hair poking out along with her green eyes were not as vibrant as Alex's.

I whined at the term little one, I like it but I don't want them to know I'm a little. "I'm Savannah Morton and I'm actually 19 ma'am. I'm supposed to start working here soon, but Alex and Addie wanted me to get settled in first. I wanted to introduce myself to you two just in case you saw me wandering around the castle."

The brunette with grey roots spoke up next, "You're going to be working here? What as?"

"I think Addie said they needed a gardener?" I responded back questioning if I had heard her right.

"Hmm, well why don't you come up here with us and we can get to know each other a little better?" The blonde asked so I nodded in response.

As I sat on the couch, the blonde touched my wrapped arm and when I flinched she quickly lifted my shirt sleeve with a confused expression. "Why is your shoulder wrapped with ice sweetheart?"

I blushed in embarrassment, "I may or may not have fallen off a counter in the kitchen this morning trying to reach a cup."

The brunette nodded, "And where were Alex or Addie?"

I twiddled my thumbs in my lap, "They were still asleep and I didn't want to bother them. Izzie helped me out though. She was the one who wrapped my arm. By the way, what are your names?"

The blonde woman smiled at me, "I was wondering when that question would be asked. My name is Samantha and I'm Alex's mom. The woman sitting on your other side is Katherine and she is Addie's mom. So do Alex and Addie know about you hurting your shoulder this morning?"

I quickly shook my head, "No. After I left the kitchen I came straight here. Izzie helped show me the way, she said you two were in here."

Just then the door to the lounge area opened again and Alex and Addie rushed over to me once they saw me. Addie was the first to reach me, "Oh sweet girl we were worried about you," she said while holding one of my hands.

I tilted my head at her, "Why were you worried?"

Alex crouched down next to me, "Well we went to check on you this morning, but you weren't in your room or any of the rooms we showed you. Izzie was the one to tell us to check here."

"Alexandra... What is this I hear about this little one working for you?" Samantha asked her daughter.

I looked at Alex's face that was super serious, "Mother not now." Alex said through gritted teeth.

Samantha just folded her arms across her chest, "Okay, then how come she is already hurt and you don't even know about it?"

Addie spoke up next, "What? The racoon? Of course we already know about that."

Katherine looked towards her own daughter, "Racoon?"

"Yes racoon, she got into an incident with a racoon the other day. What are you talking about?" Addie asked her mother.

"Samantha and I are talking about the fact that she has her shoulder wrapped with ice because she fell off the counter this morning because you two didn't keep a better eye on her." Katherine scolded her daughter.

"Hey hey. Don't be mad at them. I get up really early out of habit and I didn't want to wake anyone up." I said trying to defuse the situation because I really am not a fan of arguing. That unfortunately didn't work because they went right back to arguing.

"Please! I don't like arguing. Please stop." I begged them trying to not get too upset. Addie and Alex immediately stopped arguing.

"Okay, okay baby. We're sorry." Addie said as she hugged me. I went to wrap my arms around her but flinched when trying to lift my hurt one.

"Can we check your arm Savannah? We just want to make sure it's okay." Alex asked and I nodded.

They quickly checked it before wrapping it back up. "It's pretty bruised already, but looks like it'll be okay, so how about we go get some breakfast now?" Alex questioned and I lit up at the thought of food.

"Yes please!" I announced while jumping off of the couch and rushing over to the door. I was impatiently rocking back and forth from my heels to my toes waiting for them. They finally walked over to me and I reached up and took both of their hands causing a smile to break out on both of their faces.