Chapter Twelve - Realisations

Lily:

As Mar and I quickly arrive back at the castle, we immediately walk up to the Head's common room before heading to dinner. Mar drops her bags off here - we're planning a Girl's Night in my room tonight and the Marauders are going to Gryffindor Tower - before we leave and go down to dinner. It's a quiet enough affair, everyone is relatively worn out from the Hogsmeade trip, and it's over soon enough. As Mar and I say goodbye to the boys, whom we ate dinner with, and leave to find Ali and Marly, the two girls that we're looking for come rushing around the corner.

"You two! Head's common room! Right now!" Marly shouts at us, grabbing my arm as well as Mar's and practically marching us to the Head's common room while Ali laughs in the background. Shit! What's going on? When we arrive at the common room, Marly says the password to Wendelin the Weird quite loudly and I have to tell her to keep it down. "Geez Marly! I don't want the entire school knowing our password!". She just rolls her eyes to me and throws me and Mar down on the sofa. "So, are you going to tell us why we were marched here like disobedient four year olds?!" Mar asks, and I snort. Ali lets out a little giggle, and Marly manages to maintain her serious expression for about one second before bursting out laughing.

"It's Girls Night! And I think someone has a little something to share!" Marly says, and Ali covers her face. Oooooohhhh...our little date with Frankie Longbottom went quite well today, did it? "Ok, Ok! I'll tell you! But can we please get changed into our pyjamas first?" Ali says, and we all nod in agreement. In no time at all, we are all in our soft pyjamas, fluffy slippers and comfy dressing gowns and sitting back down in the warm, snug common room. It did get a little chilly in Hogsmeade today after the sun began to set, and I noticed that Frank did indeed ive Ali his jacket. How cute! "Right, Miss Prewett. Spill!" I say, and Marly and Mar nod in agreement. Ali takes a deep breath and begins....

"So, we were just enjoying our day, and everything was going really great. You saw me, I was a little nervous at first but he immediately made that go away. Oh, and the way he looks at me - ugh....it just....it just gives me butterflies!" here she pauses, and we all 'awwww!'. "So, everything was fabulous, and then he asks me if I want to go on a walk, you know...in a more private place. Of course I say yes, and off we go. He holds my hand, and I could literally feel tingles. We talk lightly on our way, and then he comes to a stop at the edge of the mountain - you know where!" she moans, and we all nod our heads at the last part and squeal when she mentions feeling 'tingles'! "And so, basically, he...ummm....askedmetobehisgirlfriend!" Ali says, and we barely catch the last part. "Wait, Ali! What?" Mar says, and Ali takes another deep breath, "He asked me to be his girlfriend!". We all squeal and hug her tightly. As we break apart, she says, "Yep! It was so romantic. He was holding both of my hands in his, and he was gazing into my eyes, and he told me that he's liked me for a long time! I....I couldn't believe it! And then he asked me and of course I said yes! And then we kissed. And...oh girls! It was the best kiss ever! Ugh, I could just kiss him forever and ever! After we broke apart - quite reluctantly, might I add - we walked back up to school together, just holding hands. I shivered a bit, and he immediately draped his jacket over my shoulders. Ugh...it just felt do good! On our way up, I asked him why he never asked me out before, and he said, and I quote, that he was 'too nervous' and 'didn't think that I, the amazing and beautiful Alice Prewett would ever go out with him'!". Ali blushes as she says the last part, and Marly says, "Boom Ali! Didn't we tell you?". At this Ali nods, and we all start to laugh a bit at Alice and Frank's obliviousness.

"Oh Ali! That's so great! I'm so happy for you!" I say, giving her a tight squeeze. "Aw, thanks Lily!" she says, squeezing me back. Mar and Marly say similar things, and we all have a little group hug at the end. "Ok, ok! Enough of me! How were your days?" Ali then asks as we break apart. "Marly! How was your date with Sirius?" I ask, wriggling my eyebrows. Marly rolls her eyes as Ali and Mar lean forward, doing my exact expression. "Fine!" Marly shouts, glaring at our wiggling eyebrows, "It was perfect! Just...really nice to be alone with him...you know? And not in like a broom cupboard, but just to talk and walk and... Ugh, it was great! I even got to meet his parents - you know, his real ones, not his biological ones! And I know that I've met the Potters before - they are literally like and Aunt and Uncle to me, but it was my first time meeting them as Sirius' girlfriend! Oh! I'm just so happy!". At this we all beam at her, and I quickly hug her. "Oh Marly! That makes me so happy! Oh, I'm so happy!" I say, eagerly clapping my hands together.