Chapter Seventeen - No Holding Back

Lily:

It's been a nice simple Saturday morning so far. I had a bad enough hangover this morning, after last night's Halloween shenanigans, but that got sorted out quickly with hangover potion. Honestly, I'm so relieved that Sirius found that recipe for it, and then shared it with me so now I'm able to make some hangover potion!

We all just finished eating our mouth-wateringly delicious breakfast, and are standing up to leave the Great Hall. James looks a little warily over to the Slytherin table, but doesn't say anything so I think that he's probably just thinking about yesterday. I walk with Mary out of the Great Hall, and Remus, James and Peter are all talking and joking loudly with each other as Frank and Alice and Sirius and Marlene walk out in their couples. Oh, they are just so cute! I know that I deny it, but I would really love to have something like that! Do you know what I mean? I want a relationship, and I really want a loyal, kind, gentle, funny guy to just come and sweep me off my feet. Anyways, at the moment I'm fine how I am - a single pringle who isn't ready to mingle!

Mar and I just chat about stupid, irrelevant topics as we make our way up to the Heads common room. As we arrive, I kick off my shoes and plonk down on to the sofa, and Mar and James sit on either side of me. "I'm exhausted!" Sirius declares dramatically after we sit in a tired, peaceful silence for a few minutes, "I'm heading back to Gryffindor Tower for a lay down!". He yawns loudly, and stretches his arms above his head as he stands up. "I'll come too!" Remus says, eager for a nap, and Pete nods in agreement. "Oh, what the hell! I'll go too!" James says sportingly, wearing a huge grin. That is so sweet of him! He knows that the girls and I will probably want to talk in peace for a little bit, and so he's leaving his own bed to lay on the spare one in Gryffindor Tower! Ugh, why is he so fanciable?

As the door shuts behind the boys, the girls and I exchange a look hat simply says 'Ok! Spill your guts!'. Mar takes a deep breath, and begins the conversation that I just know is going to reveal some secrets. "So...ummm...I still fancy Remus!" she says, and she grins, "He's just so sweet, you know?". We all nod, wearing similar grins. Mar's got such a crush on him! It's really adorable to see! "Are you going to do anything about it?" Ali asks gently, and Mar shakes her head. "Not right now, anyway. I just...I like being friends with me, and I love all of our groups being friends, and I don't want to mess that up, you know? Maybe in a little while, but I'll give it some more time!" she says maturely. Marly, Ali and I nod our heads in understanding. I know that Remus fancies Mary, but I do understand why she wouldn't want to act on it. He's a lot more shy than the other Marauders, except for maybe Peter, and he hasn't had that many relationships so Mar's caution is warranted. I think that with a little more time, she'll either act upon her crush or it will fizzle out. Mar's that sort of person; she's all black and white - never grey. She can be quite impulsive, but I know that she's making the right decision.

Marly and Ali begin to talk about their relationships with Sirius and Frank, and I listen intently as they describe the wonderfulness that comes with being in a caring, loving or in Sirius and Marlys' case, a passionate relationship. Frank and Alice have a softer, gentler, more understanding relationship. They care about each other deeply, and you just know that they are in it for the long haul. On the other hand, Sirius and Marlene have a wild, reckless relationship, filled with passion and fire. They really care about each other, but struggle to show it as much as Frank and Ali do. Honestly, I think that both of these pairings are made for each other; they are just perfect together.

Suddenly, I see Ali grin widely, and I raise my eyebrows at her questioningly. Marly stops talking, and looks at Ali as she realises that we both stopped looking at her. "Prewett! Spill!" she demands, looking deeply at Ali, trying to force the truth out of her. "Umm...well...two nights ago Frank and I were just walking along the edge of the Forbidden Forest. It was really cold, and we had a lot of layers on, but I still shivered slightly. Frank looked deep into my eyes, and he smiled at me. Ugh, his smile is just so darn cute! Anyways, we reached the lake, and he stopped me. 'Alice' he said, giving my hand a tight squeeze, 'There's something I have to tell you.'. Oh, girls! I was panicking so much! Was he breaking up with me? The stress, ugh, I hated it! I think he saw my panic, and he smiled. 'It's not bad, don't worry!' he said, and he was chuckling a bit. 'I...ummm...I realised something a little while ago, and I haven't said it yet but I think that now you deserve to know' he said, and he seemed a little nervous, so I was quite confused. 'I love you, Alice.' he said, and I smiled so hard it literally hurt my mouth!" Alice says, and we all squeal!