Chapter Sixteen - The Typical Halloween Hangover

James:

I slowly regain consciousness, first realising myself and then realising the awful taste in my mouth, and the tense dryness of my throat. Ugh, another hangover? Merlin, I really hate this feeling! Honestly, I'm just relieved that we have hangover potion, because I really do wonder how muggles get along without it! I mean, I suppose that their alcohol would be a little bit weaker than ours, but still!

As I tentatively open my eyes, and brace myself for the blinding pain that is about to consume them, I hear a noise come from my right. After adjusting my eyes to the light (and you best believe that this took some amount of time!), I slip on my glasses that must have fallen off overnight and look to where the noise earlier came from.

I immediately snort with laughter at the hilarious sight that meets my eyes, the action provoking a splitting headache. With a slight grimace, I sneak another look and immediately am forced to stifle yet another fit of laughter. I see Padfoot, laying upside down on an armchair, his mouth wide open and drooling with a butterbeer in on hand and a Firewhiskey in the other. He's snoring loudly, the action making his entire body and in turn the armchair vibrate. To his right I see Moony, curled up into a little ball with a giant (and I mean giant!) bar of Honeydukes' best chocolate in between his arms, and he's cuddling it like it's a bloody teddy bear or something! I then see Wormtail, stretched out on a table, surrounded by various sweets and empty bottles. For the first time, I wonder where on Earth we are.

But first, I need to take some hangover potion, because otherwise there isn't a hope in hell that I would be able to figure out where we are! After a vague search with my tired eyes around the scattered room, I decide to just summon it. I feel my wand in my pocket (I always keep it on me - you never know when you might need to use it!) and say, my voice hoarse and dry, "Accio hangover potion!". My voice is barely louder than a whisper, but my spell works, and within a second I see a tiny vile flying towards me.

It falls with a thump into my open palm, and I carefully open it and take a delightful sip, relief immediately consuming me. I instantly feel better, lighter, and I can literally feel the dryness in my throat subsiding mostly, and my splitting headache quickly disappearing. Oh, this is glorious! What a relief! I blink one or two times, my vision clearing, and then take a refreshed look arpund this mysterious room. Hang on a minute, this room isn't mysterious at all! We're in the Gryffindor common room!

It's a complete and utter mess! There are knocked over pumpkin Halloween decorations everywhere, and some even have vomit in them! Ewwww! The streamers that me and the boys set up last night have half fallen down, and there are paper plates and beer cups everywhere! Also, the amount of bottles of Malicious Mead, butterbeer and Firewhiskey in this room is unbelievable! Ugh, and the smell! I gingerly stand up from the armchair I was sleeping in, and stand on a crisp. The crunch of that makes Moony stir slightly, but not completely wake up. I rub my eyes once again and run my hand through my unruly hair before thinking back to last night, and how I could have ended up in this position...

Pads and I are in the middle of the room, and Mar and Lils have just headed upstairs to bed. Ali and Frank are laying against the wall beside the fireplace, cuddled up together and all together looking very couple-y. Suddenly, one of the last songs of the night begins, and me and the boys begin to sing at the top of our lungs...

I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied I don't need you
I've got to break free
God knows God knows I want to break free

I've fallen in love
I've fallen in love for the first time
And this time I know it's for real
I've fallen in love yeah
God knows God knows I've fallen in love