Even Devil's Play Nice

I poured the grain into Watson's feed bucket and put the pill that Dr. Janet told me to give him. Watson ate the grain. Natalie walked into the barn, helping Mr. Scott with a new horse that he is training. I watched the new horse, she is a paint named Luna. She was really pretty, a brown Overo paint. 

" Okay Luna, I am going to help train you." Natalie said to Luna. I watched as Natalie lead Luna out of the barn all tacked up and ready to go. 

I quickly tacked Watson up, Dr. Janet says that after two days he will be fine to ride. I took him into the in door ring. Luna was warming up with Natalie on her. Greeat. I mounted on and asked watson for a slow trot. Watson flicked his ear in anoyance as he saw Natalie. watson headed for the jump.

Then all of a sudden Watson ran out from the jump and refused to go near it with Natalie around. But, all Natalie was doing is working with Luna. She asked Luna to canter and made sure that her stride was smooth and steady. Luna cantered over the small cross rail, practicing good jumping form before heading over to the tall high jumps that I was trying to get Watson to jump over. Luna bounded over the first jump, then getting more confidence on the second jump. I watched suprised as how easy and smooth Luna looks. Her speed seemed to be getting faster only when needed. Natalie put light pressure on the reins to make sure Luna was paying attention. 

I kicked Watson into a canter, he jumped over the first hgih jump. Then when the second jump started getting near, her ran out again. 

" Hey Ashley, stop missing the jump." Natalie sneered. I ignored her and asked Watson to jump over the one he refused. He darted away again and started to franticly fast canter, I quickly slowed his speed and headed for the jump. Watson bucked and ran out again. I was almost going to scream.

" Ashley watson isn't doing anything wrong, its what you are doing." Natalie said. 

" Really, then why  don't you show me how to ride?" I asked, dismounting and handed Natalie Watson's reins. We traded horses, Natalie got on Watson and started circling him to see how he rides. Watson looked at me. I looked away realizing what I done. I gave my ememy my horse! Now she could easily hurt him! Watson looked well rounded under her. I swollowed and watched, as Watson cantered and headed towards the jump. 

Watson flew over each jump, Natalie pushed him over each jump, guiding him and helping him. Watson flicked an ear back and listened as she slowed him for the last jump. Thank god he didn't get hurt! Watson trotted back over in front of me.

" Why don't you try riding Luna?" Natalie asked. I nodded and got in the saddle. I ingored the upset look from Watson and let Luna out into a trot. Luna flew to a canter and listened as she snapped her legs underneath herself as she leaped over all the jumps. Luna had shorted strides than watson because she was smaller. But, she was still very smooth and willing to make the rider happy. I swapped the reins with Natalie back. Watson was still upset and angry that Natalie rode him. 

" Watson isn't as bad as I thought." natalie said, she lead Luna out of the ring and left Watson and I alone. Dylan's note flashed back into my mind. I sighed knowing that it will be hard to frame Natalie. Watson still refused the jump, he won't listen to me. But, he listens to Natalie. My own horse doesn't listen with me. I turn and see who is coming in the ring now. Luke and his horse Patriot.

" Luke I feel bad. Honestly I was just.... I don't like Natalie." I said. Luke glances at me, wondering if he should leave or not.

" Ashley, are you jealous of her?" Luke asked. 

" Well.... Maybe." Luke looked at me again. 

" What are you jealous about?" Luke asked. I starred at him, wondering if Dylan told him.

" I like you." I blurted. 

" I like you too Ashley, your a good friend." I sighed, knowing Dylan didn't tell him.

" N-no, not in that way..." I turned away blushing.

" Then in what way exactly?" Luke asked. I didn't realize how close we were untill now.

" I like you..... More than a friend." I whispered looking at the ground. Luke put a finger under my chin and forced me to look him in the eye.

" Ashley, are you telling the truth?" Luke asked. I nodded.

" I really do like you in... that kind of way." Luke smiled at me. 

" Really, I feel the same way." I look at him, shocked. Again Chloe was right. Luke kissed me again, this time it felt different. It was like not in a freind way. 

I pulled away looking at him. Luke smiled and took my hand.

" Ashley, do you want to be my girlfriend?" Luke asked. 

" I would love to." I smiled at him. Watson saw sparks again and pushed me into him, This time I didn't care. Luke wrapped his arms around me holding me. Patrot and watson bummped mussels as if saying good-job-dude. I laughed and Luke grinned. 

" Even our horses agree that we should be together." My smile faultered, remebering Dylan. 

" Ashley is everything okay?" I looked at Luke. 

" everything is fine.... Perfect, But..." Luke pulled a strand of hair out of my eyes.

" Ashley you can tell me anything." Luke said.

" I know, but some things.... I don't trust Natalie." I repeated.

" Why?" Luke asked.

" I think she likes you a lot." I said.

" I don't like her, only as a friend." Luke said brushing a tear away off my cheek.

" Luke I know that....But she looks at you and I am sure she likes you a lot." I told him.

" Ashley don't worry about it." Luke said.

" Okay." I hugged Luke, and he hugged me back. " I better go get Watson cooled, I will text you later." I told Luke.

" Bye Ashley." He said, putting his helment on and started riding. I put Watson into his stall and started thinking about everything that has happened. Natalie walked into the barn and saw me.

" Oh its you." She hugged Danish and started tacking him up.

" So Natalie, who do you like?" I asked. 

" Wait, why do you care? Awww you think that I like Dylan and Luke. Maybe I do." Natalie said.

" Is it a yes or a no?" I asked.

" Not telling. Its none of your concern." Natalie started tacking up Danish and buckled the girth.

" I mean, I am very pretty and I think they might like me too." Natalie said. 

" Luke is my boyfriend and I don't want you..." I started.

" Awww so your first boyfriend. This will be fun." I starred at Natalie. " Poor you, But Luke always flirts with me and never talks about you." Natalie laughed.

" Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

" Honestly I would watch out if I were you, I don't want to see you get hurt and dummbed so soon. Oh wait acually yes I do." Natalie walked Danish out of the barn and into the ring with Luke. I watched her flirt with him and he was smiling and talking as if he had known her for his whole life.

Natalie is trying to play nice and make me mad, but its so not going to work. I won't let the devil this time make me mess up everything. I am sick of this and I know that she wants to make me jealous so I will blow it with Luke. SO. NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Luke and Ashley. Natalie will try and get between them. It might work, might not... What do you guys think of Luna? @equestrianlover33 came up with her and I just wanted to add her because I really like paints. Like and Comment on if you think Ashley does blow it with Luke!

Countrygirl1055 <3