Final News

The show is tomorrow, Mr. Scott told everyone about signing up for the part of eventing that we would like to do. I was going to ride Watson because I haven't had much experience riding Blue Rose. Watson looked amazing with his braids and I felt so tall on Watson. I was using my hunter jumping saddle. Mr Scott looked at all of us with proudness in his eyes.

" Okay, I wasn't going to tell you this because I didn't want to make any of you nervous but, the head of the national riding school Foxford Academy is here and is planing on giving two of you a scholarship to their school. I wish you all luck and hope that you will plan on living your dream as an equestrian." All of us shared shocked looks. Foxford was the national school and was a dream school. Only the best riders and the ones who become Olympian riders ever go there. It was a very expensive school and to get a scholarship was just unbelievable.

I new exactly who would make it and who wouldn't. Dylan would be one of them and Amanda. I would be staying here.

" Up next in the ring is Watson and Ashley!" The speaker boomed. I took a deep breath and walked Watson into the ring. I was taking a jumper class. That was mine and Watson's best class together. Watson snorted and then soon everyone became silent watching us as the clock ticked down.

Watson's canter sped up as he launched himself over the first jump, then bunching his mussels and pushing over the second jump. Watson turned to the left and collect himself and appeared for the third jump, flying over it. Watson started to get too exited, then jumped too late. His back hoof nocked down the rail and then I half halted him to get his attention back on me. I counted the strides and let him stretch over the forth jump. The last two jumps were coming up fast, and Watson and I were ready. He bounced over the second to last jump and then snapped his legs underneath him, gliding over the last jump with ease. I slowed Watson to a walk and I got one fault. I patted Watson's neck and tried not to show the disappointment on my face.

I tied Watson back up next to the trailer and started to groom him. I brushed the dirt of my saddle and cleaned Watson's hoofs. Dylan walked over to me with his horse Rocket. Watson looked at me.

" Hey. You did good." Dylan said.

" Sure, with one fault." I rolled my eyes.

" Could I have a good luck kiss?" Dylan asked getting closer to me.

" Nope. Sorry." I hugged Watson and kissed him on the nose. Watson looked at Dylan and smiled his weird horse smile. As of saying in-your-face. Dylan looked amused.

" So Watson gets a kiss and I don't?" Dylan laughed.

" Friends don't kiss Dylan." I looked away to stop the blush from creeping up.

" Maybe I don't want to be friends." I glanced nervously at Dylan.

" Dylan......" I sighed. Before Dylan could say anything Mr. Scott came up to us.

" Dylan better get over there, your up next." Dylan nodded and looked at me one more time before leaving with Mr. Scott. I sighed and rubbed Watson's blaze. Soon everyone would be done showing and we would see who got the two scholarships.

------- After everyone is done showing--------

Everyone gathered in a group and then Mrs. Kale walked over. She was the head of Foxford. Academy.

" Thanks Dean for inviting me here. I have defiantly seen potential riders that would succeed in Foxford. I think that Ashley, and Natalie would do the best. Ashley and Natalie please come up and get your scholarships." Mrs. Kale said. I walked up next to Natalie. This was my dream come true. I was going to the national riding academy Foxford with Blue Rose and Watson.

Natalie was sadly coming, but I can deal with her.

I couldn't look at Dylan, Chloe or Amanda. I was leaving my crush and best friends behind. This was all just to follow my dream and go to the national riding school.

A deep guilt built behind me, knowing that I was also leaving my family farther away. Miles and miles to follow my crazy equestrian dream.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is the end of Wildwood Equestrian Academy, look out for the next book in the series Stealing The Spotlight. Comment what you think of this book and any suggestions for the next book. Thanks for reading my book and I hope you liked it! -Countrygirl1055-