Soulmate|Chapter 10

-Evelyn's POV-
Running footsteps, streaming tears, heavy breathing. I'm sad of being rejected, pissed of being lied to and being a best friend without knowing the truth. I couldn't face Y/N like this, I know my voice will be raised towards her, and I don't want that to happen even if she's the main reason I'm like this.

Jimin is still waiting for me at the park, my puffy eyes and wet face are not giving me the courage to go meet him. But I ended up going anyways, he's the only one I can search for comfort right now.

I ran towards the park, earning different glances from different people. I stopped running as I reached my destination, feeling a buzz from my phone in my pocket. Moving my head slightly up, I found him, sitting on the bench, his phone in his hand, his gaze locked on it. My footsteps being dragged, keeping my head low as I slowly approached him. As I got closer, his footsteps were heard walking up to me, followed by a concerned and worried voice.
Jimin: Hey, Eve- What happened?
He held my arms with his hands, lifting my head up to him as I tried to smile, but failed as the tears kept rolling down my cheeks at the sight of him. Confusion and worry was written all over his face as he brought his hand up to my cheek, wiping my tears with his thumb.
Evelyn: I look pathetic, do I?
My hands were lifted and wrapped around his waist by itself, his scent filled my nose as I sob into his chest. His respond took awhile as he starts moving his hand gently at my back, pulling me into his embrace even more.
Jimin: Shhh... Calm down, everything's gonna be ok..
He caresses my hair as he whispers into my ear, my tears wetting his shirt. His hug was warm and comforting as my sobs slowly got smaller, I gently pulled away as he slightly bends to match my height, cupping one of my cheeks.
Jimin: Tell me, what happened?
I thought I won't ever want to tell Jimin what really happened but I was wrong. His soft gaze and mesmerizing eyes on mine were giving me the courage and faith to trust him, to tell him everything.
Evelyn: Jimin...
I finally found my voice, pronouncing his name almost in a whisper. I told him everything that happened.

Evelyn: ... And, I ran away to her.
His eyes were focused on me as he listens to my story, he was very patient, his eyes not leaving mine even for a second.
Evelyn: Yeah, that's what happened...
I felt much better after telling it to him. I can admit, he is a good listener, it felt very comfortable.

I took a deep breath, wiping my tears away with the back of my hand and stood up from the bench that we were sitting on. I looked at him, giving him a small smile.
Evelyn: Thanks for listening, I'm much better now. I'll see you tomorrow.
I turned around, taking a step forward to leave when I felt a grip on my wrist. I turned back to him.
Evelyn: Hmm? Wha-
He pulled me back into his chest, hugging me tighter than before as it startled me in confusion, both my hands hung in the air.
Jimin: Can you just... Let go of Jungkook?
His warm breath hits my neck as it made me feel a type of way that I'd never felt before.
Evelyn: I-
Jimin: I like you, I like you more than anyone else. I just want to be with you, to make you smile, to always have a chance to hug you like this.
My stomach flipped completely after hearing his sentence, my eyes went wide, my body was stiff like a statue, my heartbeat speeding up.
Jimin: It always hurts me seeing you with him, smiling at him, fangirling over him, I really want to hate him, but I can't...
I felt dumb and stupid for not realizing his feelings, I've hurt him without even knowing.
Evelyn: I'm sorry, I didn't know...
He sighed, releasing me from the hug as he took a small step back.
Jimin: I respect you alot, I won't force you to do what you don't want to do, but I don't want you to be hurt again, please just let him go...
His head was low as he spoke with his delicate voice, I couldn't help but press my lips together, followed by a light smile on it.
Evelyn: I'll try.
His head flew up swiftly, his eyes full of hope.
Jimin: Y-you will?
I nodded with determination, earning a smile from Jimin.