Soulmate|Chapter 12

The four of us are in the school library, preparing for the final exam. Evelyn can start talking to Jungkook like nothing happened. Don't ask me why, 'cause I don't know either, but as a friend, I'm happy for her. I still don't know my relationship with Jungkook. Are we together or are we not? 'Cause he didn't change a bit.
Or maybe he did start smiling more and is more caring sometimes... Urgh Y/N, you got poisoned by him, how dare you!!
Evelyn: It's almost 5pm, we better get going, I don't wanna get kicked out by some security guards.
As Evelyn starts keeping her things, Jimin asked her a question with his chin rested on his palm as he looks at her, grinning.
Jimin: Well then, where do you wanna go?
These two are getting closer and closer day by day, I don't even know what to say.
Evelyn: Home, why?
Jimin: Can I go with you?
Evelyn looks at Jimin from head to toe, giving him a confused expression, while I'm here sensing that something cheesy is going to be answered.
Jimin: Why can't I? I'm still chasing for your heart, you know.
I saw Evelyn's cheek went red as Jimin was still wearing his grin.
Y/N: Ohhh, get me my sunglasses, my eyes are hurting.
Evelyn: Kim Y/N!!!
I mocked about it as she looked at me with big angry eyes.
Jungkook: Get me mine too.
Evelyn: Hmph!
She took her things, standing up as she started walking towards the exit, Jimin still sitting there, watching her leave.
Evelyn: Are you coming, Jimin?!
Jimin flinched as she yelled at him.
Jimin: Yeah, coming!! I better go now, see ya later guys!
He waved at us before catching up to Evelyn, leaving me with Jungkook.

It was an awkward silence. I looked at him as he scrolled down his social medias.
Y/N: I don't want to get kicked out too, you know.
He turned his gaze to me, staring as he didn't say a word.
Y/N: Uhmm... You can stay if you want, I'll be going now.
I grabbed my things and stood up, pushing the chair under the table as I looked at him.
Y/N: Bye then...
Suddenly, he stopped me by grabbing my hand, interlacing his fingers with mine, making me paralyzed. His eyes found mine, staring up to me as it made my heart skip a beat.
Jungkook: Follow me to continue.
He took a glimpse at his books, letting me know to continue studying.
Y/N: S-sure...
He lets go of my hand, keeping his things into his bag before standing up and grabbed my hand again as he pulled me with him. I stared at our hands, turning my gaze to his back, red tint showing on my cheeks.
I was wrong.. He did change into someone so different, but someone that I like so much.
Jungkook: I heard that.
Shoot! I forgot about the mind talk thing!
He turned his head to me as I felt my cheeks getting hotter. I covered my face with my hand in embarassment, him stopping his steps, holding my hand tighter.
Jungkook: You know that you're the one who changed me, right?
I looked at him with big eyes, my hand slowly moving away from my face as his lips formed into a small smile before continuing his way out of the library with me.
I'm gonna go crazy if he treats me like this everyday, help...

Y/N: No, I don't like red ones.
Jungkook: Then, what color do you like?
Y/N: Well, I like white roses, they're beautiful.
As we walk inside his house, we continued our random conversation, only to get stopped by an unfamiliar voice.
???: I wanna meet her.
Jungkook immediately turned his head towards the voice as I followed, only to find Mrs. Jeon with a man almost her age, walking towards us. The man was keeping his eyes on me until he reached us, making me feel uneasy.
Who is he?
Jungkook: Dad, you're back.
Wait... WHAT?! H-his FATHER?!
I stood there gulping down hardly a few times with sweaty palms, not daring to move a muscle. He took his last gaze on me before turning it to his son.
Mr. Jeon: Have you took good care of your mother?
Jungkook: Yes, dad.
Mr. Jeon: Really?
Mrs. Jeon: He's been a good boy, honey. He did nothing wrong.
Jungkook's gaze on his father was showing high esteem, his rights all trapped in his father's hands.
Mr. Jeon: Then, what happened to Yuna?
Jungkook: She cheated.
Mr. Jeon: Told you.. And, this might be Y/N?
Jungkook: Yes.
I quickly bowed, greeting him with my best smile.
Mrs. Jeon: Yeah, she's a really good friend of-
Jungkook: No.
He reached out for my hand, holding it gently as he interlaced his fingers with mine. I looked up to him, his gaze fully locked on his father.
Jungkook: She's with me, and I'm with her.
I couldn't help but blush by his words, his heartbeat started beating against my ears. It's pace rather calm but carries determination.
Mr. Jeon: You sure she won't cheat on you, or use you just because of money?
Jungkook: I'm sure.
Mr. Jeon looked at me in the eyes, scanning me from top to bottom before looking back at Jungkook.
Mr. Jeon: Keep her.
Jungkook's eyes brighten up as his father left him with those two words. I was a bit confused but relieved that it isn't something bad through Jungkook's reaction. Mrs. Jeon gave us two thumbs up before following behind her husband. He looked down to me while I looked up at him.