1

"Welcome to the dark kingdom, your majesty," said Adira, the king's advisor.

Cassandra let out a fake smile, Rapunzel at her side. They switched their clothes knowing that they can't let the "lady-in-waiting" wear a more glamorous dress than the "princess", can they?

"I am glad to have arrived," said Cassandra politely.

Cassandra's pink ornate dress flows from top to bottom and has a square neckline, which entrancingly reveals the majestic dress worn below it. The soft, corset of her dress covers her stomach where the continuous flow is broken up by a small ribbon worn fairly low around her waist.

Below the ribbon the dress opens up and reveals the dress below. The front of the top dress is shorter at the front and curves outwards, the back continues to flow a good length behind her and ends in a broad curve.

Her sleeves are a little too long and a comfortable fit, their flow is broken up just below the elbow where they change color and where they're divided by simple, elegant bands, these are the same fabric and color used to outline the sleeves of the dress.

In short, it's a fancy dress she's really uncomfortable to wear. Why does Rapunzel love pink? She prefers the color black or blue — not to mention the fact that the dress is heavy, it's hard to fight with this kind of clothes.

She's more comfortable with the blue cotton dress with full bell sleeves and front decorative black lacings that Rapunzel was now wearing.

Pretending as the princess would be an easy task for her — she knew all about etiquette since she was adopted and raised to be the princess' lady-in-waiting — not to mention the fact that Rapunzel was the lost princess so no one knows her face or her name except for the kingdom of Corona.

"Let me escort you to your room, Princess?" Adira asked.

Cassandra opened her mouth to say Rapunzel's name but the brunette quickly talked.

"Cassandra. Call her Princess Cassandra," said Rapunzel. "I am Rapunzel, her lady-in-waiting."

"Very well. Princess Cassandra and Lady Rapunzel, follow me to your rooms," said the older lady and turned her back to the both of them, proceeding to walk as the two ladies followed.

Cassandra gave the princess a nudge on the shoulder.

"What was that for? Why did you use my name?" She whispered asked.

Rapunzel whispered back. "So we won't get confused on the names. Imagine someone calling you Princess Rapunzel but then I was the one who turned my head because we forgot that we switched!"

Cassandra sighed. "Fine," she mumbled.

They arrived at the room after a few minutes. Cassandra scanned the princess' chamber. Everything was grand and fancy. From the sheets to the bed.

"If you need something, feel free to call me," said Adira. She then turned to Rapunzel. "Lady Rapunzel, please follow me. I would like to show you the room for the princess' lady-in-waiting."

Rapunzel turned to her with a apologetic smile. 'Good luck.' she mouthed.

The two of them walked away and Cassandra lay on the bed with a groan. What have she done? She's really going to get herself killed.

She rolled her eyes and stood up. She wants to get out of this suffocating room. She opened the door and walked to the castle hallways. She better start familiarizing herself with this. After all, she's going to live here with the princess after she got married.

She sighed. All this time, she thought that Rapunzel would get the happily ever after she deserved. This is the least thing she could do for her best friend.

She was busy examining the hallways when she bumped into someone.

"Sorry," they both said in unison.

She looked up and saw a man. He have blue eyes and dark hair with a blue stripe. She could say that he's really handsome even though he's wearing cloak.

She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Who are you? And why are you wearing a cloak?"

The man in front of her let out a chuckle. "I don't know what I have done to get a beautiful lady interested in me but my name is Varian."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not interested in you — I mean, I am — not in the way you think! Only because you seemed suspicious wearing a cloak."

"I don't see anything wrong with wearing a cloak, m'lady."

"Inside the castle?" She raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged. "I don't see why not."

"Ha ha. How very bold of you," she stated sarcastically.

He chuckled again and reached out for her hand, ready to give it a kiss but she was fast enough to pull her hand back.

He frowned. "May I have your name before I go?" He asked.

She huffed. "I don't give my name to strangers."

He placed a hand dramatically in his chest. "Oh, why do you think that I am a stranger? I've already gave you my name."

She rolled her eyes but a small smile was visible to her lips. "Who knows, maybe that's not even your real name."

"It is my real name," he stated.

"Whatever. Fine. My name is Cassandra," she answered.

A smile crept into his lips. "What a lovely name for such a lovely lady."

Her cheeks turned scarlet and she quickly turned her head to the side so it wouldn't be noticable.

It's the first time someone complimented her other than Rapunzel.

"Alas. I only have a limited time to be with your presence, m'lady. I shall take my leave." He bowed his head and walked away.

Cassandra was still speechless about the guy.

What just happened?

--

The description of the dress Cassandra is wearing doesn't belong to me. XD. I don't know how to describe a medieval clothing so I seeked help from the magical medieval clothing generator!

I reached a thousand words for this chapter! Yey! I'm looking forward on making more long chapters like before.