2

So, as you can see. I changed the book cover because the first one I edited is — meh.

Anyway, what do you think about the new book cover? It's my first time editing with this kind of BC style (is this a tumblr style? Not sure) so I'm not really sure if that's how it works. I've been having a lot of trial and error while doing it.

--

"Cass! Wake up!"

Cassandra groaned and shifted to the side. She's still sleepy. Well, it's her fault for staying awake 'till 3 in the morning.

She kept her blanket clutched in her hand as Rapunzel tried to pull it.

"Cassandra! Wake up! The king is inviting us for breakfast!" The brunette shouted.

Cassandra quickly sat up and let go of the blanket — just in time as Rapunzel pulled it as hard as she can, making her fall to the ground with a thud.

"You okay, Raps?" The dark haired girl asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay," the brunette answered with a frown. "Anyway, let's get you ready. The king wanted to see his son's fianceé."

"But shouldn't that be–" she frozed. "Oh. Right."

Rapunzel nodded. "Right. So let's get you ready," she stated, pulling her up to her feet.

Cassandra crossed her arms. She's wearing a white chemise as her nightgown. She raised an eyebrow at her best friend.

"You're forgetting something."

"What is it?" Rapunzel asked.

"I'm the real lady-in—" Rapunzel placed a hand on her mouth to stop her from saying the truth.

"Shh! If someone heard you."

Cassandra rolled her eyes and slapped her hand away. "Fine."

She sighed. "What I mean is, I can handle myself. I know how all of this stuff work."

"But-"

"I am not a kid. Now go and sit there and wait for me."

Rapunzel pouted. "Fine. Your dress is at the table."

"Thank you," said Cassandra and took the dress on the table then proceed to go behind the folding screen where she would change.

She's thankful that the dress this time isn't too glamourous and easy to fit on. It is exquisitely accented with a hand beaded blue trim. The sleeves have a sheer soft netting and are finished with matching pink bows.

She tied her hair into a ponytail before going out. "I'm ready," she announced.

Rapunzel stood up with a smile. "Great!"

They arrived at the dining hall swiftly. The aura of the room is not how Cassandra expected it to be. It was welcoming and cozy.

"Good morning, Your majesty," The two greeted and bowed their heads as a sign of respect.

The door closed behind them as the king stood up and walked towards them.

"No need to do that, Princess Cassandra and Lady Rapunzel," said the king. "After all, once you and my son get married, we'll be family."

Cassandra raised her head and let out an akward smile. "Yeah."

"Come and take a seat," he stated. He then turned to Rapunzel. "Lady Rapunzel if you don't mind?"

Rapunzel blinked and quickly nodded, a huge smile on her face. "Oh yes. I'll be going now. I'll leave you two alone." She then leaned to Cassandra's ear and whispered. "Cass, I'll just go to the garden. Eugene just arrived this morning."

"Wha—" Cassandra was about to say something but Rapunzel already opened the door and left.

Cassandra gulped and took a seat. Being alone with the king is not really something she expected her day would turn out.

The King sat at the end of the long table. She stared at the food in front of her. Surely, she manage to eat such fancy food like this before and it was all because of Rapunzel but she still can't help but get hungry at the sight of the delicious meal.

The King chuckled when he saw the "princess'" reaction.

"I didn't know what meal you would like so I have the chef cook different kinds of it," he said.

"I—uh, how kind of you, your majesty."

"Quirin. Just call me Quirin or Dad if you want," he chuckled when Cassandra's cheeks turned red. "No need for formalities."

"Okay, yo—Quirin." She gulped, so far so good.

"I also invited my son so the both of you would meet but just like always, he's late again." He frowned. "I apologize for my son's behavior, Princess."

"It's alright and please, call me Cassandra. It's only fair that you call me by my name too." She explained.

"Very well," said Quirin, pleased by the "princess"' behavior.

"He really is a shy boy but he's a genius man. He loves sword fighting even though he's not very good at it," Quirin explained.

"That's great." Cassandra put up a fake smile.

The door bursted open and a very familiar man entered.

"Dad, I am so sorry—" he frozed when their eyes locked.

"Cassie?" He asked.

"Varian?" She asked.

The king looked at the both of them with a confused expression. "So the both of you know each other?"

"Yes." The both of them answered in unison.

"How?" Asked the king.

"We bumped into each other in the hallway, Dad," said Varian and sat in front of her.

Cassandra examined him and is impressed on how he walks and move like a true prince — but there's something odd about him.

"Then that's great. I guess there's no need for introduction then." The king smiled. "Let's eat," he announced.

The three of them first ate at silence. Cassandra was observing Varian, still impressed on how he moves elegantly. She can't believe that the man she met yesterday is the prince!

Her face turned red when she realized that she just showed the prince a very rude attitude.

Well, it's not her fault, right? He didn't tell her that he's the prince.

Right. Totally not her fault.

The king broke the silence. "How's your sword training going, Son?" The king asked.

"It's going great, Dad," Varian answered with a smile — Cassandra know that kind of smile. She once wore it before.

The king finished eating first. He then stood up. "I'll leave the both of you alone to get to know each other," said the king and swiftly left the room.

Cassandra turned to Varian who is silently eating. Cassandra finally realized what was wrong with him.

"Hey, Prince Varian?" She asked.

He turned his head to her. "Yes?"

"You do know it right?" She asked.

His brows furrowed. "Know what?"

"Know that you don't have to pretend to be someone you're not in front of me."

--

Yey! Another thousand words reached!