14

"And that's the end of our lesson for today," said Jamie as she took the books out of Cassandra's head. "You still have a lot to learn though. It's great that you managed to balance the books in your head fast but you're gonna be needing more than that."

"I know," said Cassandra. "Do you always do this everyday?"

"The balancing the books in my head thing? Not anymore," answered Jamie, sitting beside her on the bed, setting the books on her lap.

Cassandra rolled her eyes. "No. Not that. What I mean is do you always do all the Princessy things you're teaching me?"

Jamie tilted her head to the side for a bit. "Uh, yes and no."

"Explain," she deadpanned.

Jamie chuckled. "What I mean is yes, I do them everyday and no, because I don't do them always."

"What do you mean not always?" The dark haired girl's eyebrows furrowed.

Jamie let out a nervous laugh. "Well, for starters, I shouldn't be here. I should be on Equis, organizing a trade for Neserdnia."

Cassandra's eyes widened. "What? Then what are you doing in here?" She panicked. She knew how important the trade of both kingdoms were.

Jamie waved her hand, a playful look on her face. "Relax. I got it all covered. King Trevor knew about my stay here and he let me."

Cassandra grimaced. "You know that guy?"

Jamie laughed. "Of course! We're sort of friends."

"With that attitude of his? Actually, considering how you act, I wouldn't be surprised that the both of you can get along," Cassandra teased.

Jamie sent her a glare. "You don't have to be that mean."

"Says the one who has been blackmailing me for weeks now." Cassandra raised a brow.

"Yeah, yeah. I get your point. But what I'm saying is the guy isn't that bad. Sure, he can be a freak at time but once you can get to his good side, he'll treat you like his prized possession," countered Jamie.

"And how is that like?"

"Well, I can get him to my side. Just like today, he didn't told my parents about my absence to the trade — he even cover up a lot of the things I did. Honestly, he's more caring to me than my father." Her voice let out a bitter tone as she mentioned the word 'father'.

"Woah, you really don't have a good relationship with you parents, do you?" She asked and the Princess nodded.

"They were never there for me. As long as I've been groomed to be the perfect Crowned Princess then I'm off to do their duties! It's honestly frustrating." The girl let out a sigh of frustration. "By the way, my coronation would be next next month, I hope you can come."

Cassandra's eyes widened. "You're going to be crowned Queen and you didn't even tell me?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise. But sadly, I need to tell it now because I'll be leaving today."

"What?" For the third time today, her eyes widened — disbelief on all of the new found information that her friend is saying. Yes, she now considered her a friend.

"Don't act like I'm going to die." Jamie crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "It was an emergency. I still have a wedding to plan, my wedding to be exact."

"Wedding? First, you didn't tell me that you're going to be crowned Queen, and now you didn't tell me that you're going to be wed? Who's the guy?"

"The Crowned Prince of Equis, King Trevor's nephew, Prince Lucian. The wedding will happen a few weeks after my coronation," she stated with a bored tone.

"Woah. Another arranged marriage?" She asked and Jamie nodded.

"I- I feel bad for you," whispered Cassandra and Jamie chuckled.

"Don't worry about me. I'm a strong woman. You should worry about yourself since I won't be here anymore."

"Wait. You won't be coming back?" asked Cassandra and the latter nodded.

"Sorry. As much as I want to, I can't. I know you'll do great with the test. You just need to practice all of it again." She stood up. "I better go now. My sister would be arriving here next week."

Cassandra felt a sinking feeling in her chest at the thought of her new founf friend leaving. She sighed. Looks like she'll be doing this on her own.

"Oh, and just a piece of advice... don't ever trust my sister or tell her any secret," said Jamie with a sharp voice. "If you think that I'm mean, then my sister is a thousand times worse."

"Alright. I'll keep that advice in mind," said Cassandra, a frown on her face.

Jamie opened the door, "bye."

"Goodbye."

Jamie left.

--

Hi! Sorry, this was supposed to be a long chapter but because of the painful nagging I received for being blamed that I did something I didn't do, I felt so down and decided to end the chapter here. My anxiety is kicking in again so I better go. I hope I'll still get a peaceful sleep tonight.

So what do you think of this chapter? Share your thoughts!