13

"Fitzherbert, mind explaining what's happening here?" The dark haired girl asked, a glare fixated on her friend.

"I-uh." Eugene scratched the back of his head. "Cassandra, this is Lance. Lance, this is Cassandra. Cass, I saw him sneaking inside the castle while I was outside."

"And he's stealing things because?" She glared at Lance.

"Oh, this?" Lance raised the sack for a bit. "This is just a little thing from the kingdom. They're rich. They wouldn't even notice if I took a bit."

"You're still stealing," said Cassandra.

"Fair maiden, I'm afraid that you can't do anything about it," said Lance.

"Oh really?" A smirk was place on Cassandra's face.

"Yes."

"I wouldn't say that if I were you, Lance," said Eugene.

"What? Why-"

In a blink of an eye, Lance was already lying, his face first, on the ground with Cassandra sitting on his back and the sack of treasure in her hand.

"Toldya," said Eugene.

"No fair, I was caught off guard," Lance mumbled.

"You're just not fast enough."

The door opened again and it revealed Corona's Princess. She looked at them with wide eyes, probably not expecting to see them at the kitchen like this.

"Eugene, Lance, Cass? What's happening here?" She asked.

"You know him?" Cassandra asked, still not getting off of Lance.

"Yes. I met him yesterday, he's Eugene's childhood friend," explained Rapunzel.

"So the great Flynn Rider's friend, huh? That explains everything." Cassandra concluded. She threw the sack to Rapunzel which the brunette quickly caught.

"What's this?" She asked.

"Open it."

The brunette quickly opened the sack and her eyes widened at the sight of the golden cups, coins, money inside.

"Lance, what is this?" She asked.

"Rapunzel, I-"

He was cut off when Cassandra quickly stood up, her senses heightened. "Everyone, out," she whispered.

"Why?" Eugene asked, noticing Cassandra's expression.

"Someone coming. I hear footsteps," she explained.

They can indeed hear footsteps. Rapunzel motioned the two to follow them while Cassandra decided to stay — she still need to drink some water or else she wouldn't be able to sleep. The brunette nodded as the three of them left, the treasure still on Rapunzel's hand. Cassandra's sure that Rapunzel can handle those two. She closed the door and turned her back.

She stopped when it once again opened, she slowly turned and saw the sleepy prince walking inside. Varian frozed at the sight of her, surprised to see the girl awake in the middle of the night.

"Cassie?"

"That's my name," said Cassandra and chuckled.

Varian's cheeks turned red in embarrassment. Of course, another embarrassing statement that he just have to say. Way to go, Varian.

"I mean, what are you doing in here?" He asked.

"Oh, I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling thirsty. I went here to drink a glass of water," she explained.