5

Here's the full chapter!

--

Cassandra felt her heart racing inside her chest. Cold sweat ran down her forehead — it also seemed like she's not the only one who is nervous. Varian is fiddling with his fingers, his eyes roaming around the room.

"Hey, how did your father's voice reached us in here?" Cassandra pondered.

"It always happen once he's near the wall we went through." Varian ran a hand through his hair. "We can't get out if he's there. That's the only entrance and exit I know."

Cassandra roamed her eyes around the room. There were the papers that she stacked up, some chemicals and Aha! She tapped Varian's shoulder and the man gave her a confused look. She raised her hand and pointed at the window.

"Where does that window leads to?" She asked.

"The stables. Why—" realization dawned on him. "Oh! That's a great idea!"

"VARIAN?!" They heard the King's voice once again.

"Why isn't he leaving on that side?!" Cassandra ranted.

Varian scratched the back of his neck. "He may or may not accidentally saw me come out of the wall but I only conviced him that it was a dream — but it seemed like he found that hard to believe."

Cassandra facepalmed and frowned. "Then let's get to it, before your father found a way to open that wall and get us both in trouble."

"Sorry," he whispered.

Cassandra shook her head. "There's no time for being sorry. Now help me grab a chair so we could reach that window."

Varian nodded and complied the lady's request. He took the talest chair he could found in the room and placed it on top of the table while the both of them pushed it towards the window.

"Ladies first," said Varian with a kind tone.

"Don't mind if I do," said Cassandra. Her eyes widened when she felt a hand on her waist, her cheeks turned bright red.

"Go ahead, I'll make sure you won't fall," he whispered.

Cassandra gulped and proceeded to go up without any complaints. She opened the window and just like she thought — it was wide enough for the both of them. She entered her head first and look down to see a stack of hay. She sighed in relief. That'll be an easy landing.

She quickly entered her way out and landed on the stack of hay with a thud. She groaned and sat up. That was at least 8 feet high she fell from.

"You okay?" Varian asked from the other side.

"Yeah! Now your turn!" She shouted. She stood up and walked a few steps away. She jumped when a she heard a horse neighed on her side. Oh, right. She is in a stable, of course there would be horses.

"Ouch!" She quickly turned her head and saw the prince landed on the hay head first.

"Pfft-" Cassandra tried to stop herself from laughing but it was no use. She found herself laughing so hard — seeing the prince landing face first was a sight to behold.

Varian stood up and dusted his clothes. "Ha. Ha. Very funny, Princess."

"Try to balance yourself next time, Prince," she teased.

"Varian?" They both turned their heads to the stable doors when it opened, revealing the King and a unfamiliar face.

"D-dad?" Varian's eyes widened.

The King narrowed his eyes. "What are the both of you doing in here?"

"I-uh," Varian tried to think of an excuse when Cassandra cuts him off.

"He's teaching me how to ride a horse!" She butted in.

"Oh, okay then. I was actually searching for Varian when the two of you disappeared in the Dining Hall when the castle Hostler, Sebastian, heard a noise inside the stable," said Quirin and tapped the man he's with on the shoulder. "Alright, i'll better be going now. Enjoy, you two."

"We will, Dad," said Varian.

Sebastian walked towards them with a kind face. "Would any of you need my assistance?" he asked.

Varian quickly shook his head. "No need, Seb. Although, I'm not happy that you called my Dad."

Seb's kind demeanor disappeared, he crossed his arms. "I thought there was a thief, okay? I only did what any other people with a brain would do, Var."

"Var?" Cassandra asked with a smirk and turned to the prince.

Varian groaned and facepalmed. "Princess, this is Sebastian, my childhood friend. Seb, this is Cassandra, my fianceé."

Sebastian's eyes widened and he bowed. "I'm sorry for my behavior, your highness," he stated with respect. "I was not informed that her majesty arrived this morning. I thought that you were someone like Jamie-"

Varian hit Sebastian hard in the head, cutting him in the middle of his sentence.

"No need for formalities," said Cassandra. "Treat me like a normal girl, I would very much appreciate that."

"If you say so, Princess," said Sebastian, a glare fixated on his childhood friend while he's rubbing the painful bump in his head.

"By the way," Cassandra placed both of her hand in her waist. "Who's Jamie?"

"She's-" Varian gulped. "My childhood friend, too."

"Childhood friend? Why did you have to hit Sebastian in the head for that information? And why did he say that he thought I'm like her?" She asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, it's because-" Varian gave Sebastian a hard glare but the latter can't take a hint and continued. "- she always cling to Varian like a leech. I'm not sure if she likes Varian or if she's  just after the crown."

Varian kicked Sebastian in the shin, making the man fall down to his knees and groan in pain. "You really can't take a hint, can you?"

"Varian!" Cassandra shouted.

"What?" Varian asked back, acting innocent.

"It's okay, Princess. I'm used to it — we do this each time we pissed each other." Sebastian chuckled and slowly stood up. "See? No more pain!" He even walked to show them that they were right.

"Anyway!" He clasped his hands together. "What are the things Var already taught you, Princess?"

Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows. "Huh?"

Sebastian frowned. "I thought Varian was teaching you how to ride a horse?" Realization then dawned on him, his eyes widened. "Don't tell me that you aren't doing horse riding lessons in here!" He let out a dramatic gasp. "Don't tell me that the both of you are doing the thing!"

Varian and Cassandra looked at each other then back at him. "What thing?" They asked in unison.

Sebastian waved his arms like crazy. "The thing that couples do on their wedding night! I know that the both of you are destined to be married but couldn't you atleast wait until—"

Cassandra and Varian's face turned red, both of their eyes widened as they realized whst their companion are trying to say.

"WE DID NO SUCH THING!" They both shouted in unison.

"But I thought-"

"You thought wrong!" Varian snapped.

"Then why-" Sebastian was cut off when a very familiar voice for the two boys chimned in.

"Varian, honey, are you here?"

"J-JAMIE?!"

--

I don't know why but I like Seb's character. He reminds me of my friends, Emman and Marco. I just realized that his character was inspired by them when I was re-reading this chapter and yes, just like Seb, they—mostly Emman —always got hit by me, on the head, shin and even stomach. That's normal for our friendship. XD

Anyway, what do you think of this chapter? Share your thoughts!