chapter 1

The lights flashed all around you as the world spun getting faster and faster, while you flew into the crisp air and back down onto your metal horse now growing fuzzy through your vision.

You could hear the distinct circus music echoing throughout the park as the carousel spun round whipping your long brown hair across your pale face.
You clasped onto the metal pole that froze your fingertips afraid of falling off.

A soft giggle escaped your frozen lips as you felt butterflies flutter throughout your stomach. All your problems and worries seemed to fade away as you closed your eyes and let the rush of the ride take control.
You had run away from home after an argument with your mum; the circus only came to us once a year and you had been attending it each time since you can remember. You had never missed a year.

When it arrived this year however, your mum had told you that you couldn't go, she said she needed you to babysit your little brother so she could go on a girl's night out. You're 17 so legally still under the control of your parents. She knew how much the circus meant to you so you argued against her. In the end she hit you and sent you to your room like a 10 year old. So naturally you gathered your things, climbed out of your window and ran here.

You've had so many problems with your parents but now was the time to just relax and forget everything.

The ride came to an stop as your eyes began focusing on the world once again. The lights were no longer blobs of colour and the park was steady as your feet connected with the grass.

You felt a cold hand on your wrist as you turned your head. "That was fun let's find something else to do before the show" Alice's voice rung through your ears as she began pulling you away.

Alice was your best and only friend, you had grown up together since high school and knew each other like the back of your hand. You were never really a social person thanks to your dad.

He had shown you that no matter how close you were to someone, they could turn on you just like that.
He started having affairs with other women when you were about 7 and you've had to watch him make love to them any time you stayed with him. It was always a different girl, always a different look.

It broke your mum but she used you as a way of releasing her anger and hatred towards him. When you started high school you kept to yourself all the time until Alice found you. It took her months to try and get you to open up to her but you finally gave in and you've been best friends ever since. She's the one person who you can always count on.

-----------------

It was 10 minutes until the show was due to start although they would give us an extra 5 for any late comers. You and Alice had just walked into the gigantic tent lined with seats perched all up the side. It was exactly the same as the years before. Still magically illuminated and warm, still giving of the most enchanting atmosphere.

You had slumped into your selected chairs near the front surrounded by people scurrying to their seats around you. "Do you think lover boy will be here tonight?" Alice giggled, poking your arm as you returned a sarcastic smile.

For the last couple of years there had been a new ringleader to replace the old one. He was a young boy, seemingly around your age, with the most perfect ginger hair that eccentriated his bluey green eyes. You had never seen him until he began his role of the ringleader but there was something about him that drew you in. Alice had seen it the first time he showed up, you must have been gazing. Ever since then she has mocked you every year.

Sometimes you wish he would notice you, hell maybe even talk to you but the most you ever received was a quick eye graze as he would scan the crowd. Last year you could've sworn he stared at you longer than any one else but you were probably just dreaming.

You've only ever had one boyfriend but he ended up cheating on you on your 1 year anniversary so you've never dared go down that road again.

"Shut up Alice" You scoffed as the lights began to face and voices hushed into whispers until finally everything was silent. A spotlight shone onto the stage causing your heart to beat faster. You knew what was coming yet no matter how many years you came, the nerves never died down. After a long awaited pause the curtain raised and out came the ginger haired boy. The ringleader.

He was dressed in a new attire than last year. He had pure white trousers with a black strip on the side hidden mostly by his long black boots that covered his legs below the knee. His white button up was covered by a mustered coloured waistcoat and a long red and gold patterned tailcoat that waved around in the breeze of his movement. To finish his look he wore black gloves that matched his bow tie around his neck.

It was honestly a very good look on him if you did say so yourself. You caught sight of Alice giving you a quick smirk to which you hit her leg making her smile widen.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Good evening!" His harsh voice ripped through the air as all eyes fell upon him. "We're only here for a few nights so let's make 'em count" His eyes scanned the audience until they rested upon you. You let out a tiny gasp as adrenaline pumped through your body awakening every cell. Your eyes greeted his as he gave you a quick wink and sharply turned his head away.

"Omg, did you see that" You hummed under your breath towards Alice as she squeezed your hand in agreement. You felt a smile plaster onto your lips as the show continued.

With each act being amazing and daring causing gasps and claps from the audience the show was coming to an end. "Thank you all for watching and enjoy the rest of your night!" The ringleader took a bow and embraced the cheering and clapping from everyone. As he stood up right again his eyes fell on you once more. You stood frozen in your spot clapping until your hands went numb.

"Come on let's go home" Alice had forced your hands apart, dragging you to the end of the row, his eyes following your every movement. You turned back round to see him give you a small smile and disappear beneath the curtain that once revealed him.

"I'm going to get a smoothie before we go home, want one?" You had reached the food stands as you shook your head and watched Alice walk off.

Your brain began wandering off into thought of the boy until a warm hand landed on your shoulder pulling you back into reality.
You turned around and as if you summoned him, there he stood, the ringleader perfectly dressed and even more beautiful up close.

"Hi gorgeous, I'm Jerome".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, thank you so, so much for picking this story to read.
I've been wanting to write a Jerome story for ages and this took so long to do so I hope you enjoy.

It would mean the world if you voted for this story and comment throughout if you enjoy.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or anything, I'll always answer.

Hopefully the story keeps you entertained, I've followed Jerome's storyline but added in a little bit more.

That's all from me, happy reading and remember,

There's nothing more contagious than laughter! :))) xxxx