Chapter 1: A Lesson To Be Taught

While Anubis and Khanet were talking, Nekar was teaching Nekia some spells from his spell book. "Nekar. Did I do this right?" Nekia asked. Nekar turned around and walked over to her. He peered over her shoulder to see the progress she was making on a certain spell. "No. No. No. The apple is supposed to go higher than that." Nekar added. Nekia then sighed sadly.

"Darn it. Well then maybe I should keep practicing." Nekia assured. Nekar quickly closed the spell book and placed it on the bookshelf. "I think you've practiced enough for today. You can go back to your room now." Nekar explained. Nekia then walked to the door as Nekar turned around to look at her.

She walked out of the room and closed the door behind her. Then, she walked back to her room. Nekar sighed sadly. He then decided to sing. He sang:

"When will she ever learn? It seems as her knowledge has burned down in flames. Magic isn't a game. Oh. What a shame. When will she ever understand that magic is powerful and grand? When will she come to her senses that she is doing it wrong? Have I been a bad teacher all along? In my defense, I tried. But all hope has died. There is nothing left to do now. All of my lessons I have taught her are falling down underground. Buried away where it will never be found."

Nekar sniffled and cried. He walked to his window and whispered "Why can't she properly do magic? Is it because of me?" Nekar then sighed as tears dripped from his eyes. The day passed by and night time was coming. Everyone got ready for bed and went to sleep. Khanet and Khanis were sleeping unaware of the plan that Ra had in store for them.