Chapter 9: The Vacation

Bast then walked over to Anubis. "You won't have to deal with her anymore. I got it all taken care of." Bast exclaimed. "Yeah. It looked like you dealt with it just fine." Anubis exclaimed back. "I am the goddess of warfare after all. The battlefield is my specialty." Bast pointed out. "It sure is." Anubis replied.

"Although, we weren't expecting you to come down to help us against her." Anubis added. "She is my evil version, isn't she?" Bast asked. "Yes." Anubis answered. "Ok. So therefore, it should be my responsibility to destroy her. Not you guys. I saw you guys fighting her, so I decided to drop from the heavens and help you." Bast explained. "Well you would probably need help. I mean, when you go to war, you always have hundreds if not thousands of soldiers fighting by your side." Anubis stated.

"That doesn't make me weak though. But they are all humans. You guys have the strength of a thousand men when you all band together using all of your strengths together formed as one." Bast remarked. "You're right. We are strong." Anubis replied. "And you always will be as long as you have each other. So never give up on each other and stick to what you guys do best: protecting Egypt." Bast announced.

"You're better than all of us at this. You could practically teach us if you wanted to. You're like the master at this." Anubis pointed out. Bast was flattered that her best friends saw her as a better warrior than all of them, especially Anubis and Anput, who have been best friends with her since they were children. Thousands of years ago and to this day, they still think that she is more than capable of being better at this than them. It was in her line of job, her field after all.

"Thank you. I appreciated the help." Bast replied. "You're welcome." Anubis replied back. "I better head back to the heavens. The other gods are probably waiting on me." Bast declared. "Ok. You can hang out with us anytime you want." Anubis exclaimed. "Ok. Great." Bast exclaimed back.

"Bye, Anubis." Bast replied. "Bye, Bast." Anubis replied back. Bast then disappeared. Anubis then turned back towards the others. "What should we do now?" Anubis asked. "How about we all go back to Alexandria and take a vacation?" Aya responded. "I like your thinking, babe." Anubis remarked.

Aya just smiled. Aya very much enjoyed the fact that her husband appreciated her thinking. "It looks like we're going to Alexandria." Anubis announced. Anubis then turned around. Nekar teleported everyone to the entrance of Alexandria. They all kept walking until they got inside the palace.

Khaline saw her three sons perfectly fine. She saw that none of her sons had a single scratch on them. She took a couple deep breaths of relief. "I was so worried about you guys." Khaline declared. "I'm just glad you guys are safe." Khaline added.

"Hey, Mom. Is it okay if they stay in Alexandria for the night?" Akins asked. "Sure." Khaline answered. Everyone left to go get settled into their rooms. Anubis and Aya were talking. "I think we should stay at a hotel since we are on vacation." Aya suggested. "I think that's a wonderful idea." Anubis declared.

They took their stuff and followed Latif out the door along with everyone else. "Come on. We don't want to be late." Latif replied. "Late? Late for what?" Khanet asked. "You'll see." Latif exclaimed. "Trust me. You are going to love it." Latif added. Night time finally came around and the group decided to head to the middle of the city.

Latif was the type of Prince that would often go to the village when he wasn't doing good deeds or pleasing his mother. Sometimes, he would go to the village in the middle of the night and would tell stories to the citizens especially the children who loved storytime.

Everyone adored Latif's stories and would often ask for one if he was still in the village amongst them at night. He was going to tell a story that night. "Who wants to hear a story?" Latif asked the citizens. Everyone sat around as Latif began telling a tale. "Let me tell you a story." Latif replied. Everyone went silent. Even Khanet and the others sat down. However, Latif was standing up. After all, the storyteller should be standing up presenting a story beyond what they could imagine.

"The story of two brave warriors named Khanet and Khanis. A long time ago, the Evil gods had longed to take over the land of Egypt. The gods didn't know any humans up for the task of defeating them and were stuck fighting them for thousands of years in order to maintain peace in the land of Egypt. But then, there were two children fit enough to be warriors that since the moment they got old enough to train, they started using swords. When they became adults, Anubis came down from the earth to quest them on a mission to stop Evil Anubis from destroying all of Egypt. For years, they have protected us with a thoughtful mind and kind heart. It is said that they are the purest in all the land of Egypt. In fact, we fought Evil Anubis's sister, Evil Anput, and prevented her from taking over the beloved city of Alexandria. We even fought undead mummies. While we continued trying to protect all of Egypt from Evil Anput's wicked ways, our hearts were beating loudly and our adrenaline was coursing rapidly through our veins. We all felt a little fear at first, but ended up rising in the end. It felt successful, but what we didn't know was that this wasn't the end. But after all the heroes' struggles, they still prevailed. Again and again and again. And I should know because those heroes are my cousins. Princess Khanet and Prince Khanis of Cairo, Egypt. That is the story of how Khanet and Khanis saved all of Alexandria. The end." Latif continued.

Khanet and the others stood up as the villagers cheered them on. One child even yelled "We love you, Princess Khanet." and another child then yelled "We love you, Prince Khanis." Khanet and Khanis both smiled with delight. "Good night, ladies and gentlemen." Latif added.

Everyone got up and continued going about their business. As soon as they got back, Khanet replied "Latif. I didn't know you told stories." "Yeah. I sometimes go to the village and tell stories to the people of Alexandria as a way of entertaining them. After all, a good leader always finds a way or ways to amuse his people." Latif remarked. "I have never heard that before." Khanis declared.

"It's kind of the obvious thing to do. If you want to make the world a better place, spread goodwill towards others." Lati explained. "Makes sense." Khanis replied.

They all then began getting ready for bed, got in bed, and fell asleep. Once Anubis and Aya found a hotel to stay at, they walked inside. The man at the desk was surprised to see Anubis there requesting for a room. "You can stay in the best room in the entire hotel." the man replied. "Ok." Anubis replied back.

"We start breakfast at 8:30 am and end breakfast at 11:00 am." the man added. "Ok. Thank you." Anubis exclaimed. The man gave them their room key. Anubis grabbed the key and they began walking up the stairs. "Your room is on floor 3, room 3. One of the hotel suites. All the hotel suites are on that floor." the man explained. "Thanks a bunch." Anubis then exclaimed.

They continued walking up the stairs until they reached floor 3. They then walked into the room they were staying in after turning the key in the lock and then taking the key out and opening the door. When they entered the room, Anubis closed the door and set the keys on the table.

Their room contained a really nice bathroom with a pool in it and a really comfortable bed. It had bedside tables with lotus flowers in a vase. They enjoyed the room very much. They set their stuff down and began getting ready for bed. They then climbed into bed.

Anubis and Aya decided to snuggle. "This is so romantic, Anubis." Aya pointed out. "I'm glad you think so." Anubis replied. They then kissed. They stopped kissing and continued snuggling. "Goodnight, Anubis." Aya exclaimed.

"Goodnight, Anubis." Aya exclaimed. "Goodnight, Aya." Anubis exclaimed back. They both then closed their eyes and fell asleep, waiting for another day to come.