Chapter 10: The Trip Back to Cairo

The next day, everyone woke up and got ready for the day. Everyone except for Anubis and Aya, who still decided to sleep in. When they did finally wake up, Aya got out of bed and decided to get dressed. Anubis sat up and looked at Aya, who was beginning to get dressed.

He then replied "Why are you getting dressed right now?" Aya turned around. "Anubis. We have to get back to Cairo." Aya answered. "But why now? Why so soon?" Anubis then asked. "We have a son we have to go back home to. Plus, Cairo is our home." Aya then answered.

"Cairo isn't our home. We could live wherever we wanted. We could even move here in Alexandria." Anubis stated. Aya walked over to the bed and sat down. "You really think we could?" Aya replied. "Yeah. But only if you want to." Anubis explained. "I would love that." Aya exclaimed.

"Come here." Anubis replied. Anubis pulled her close to him to the point where she fell on him and laid there. His arm was around her. "Anubis. Stop!" Aya exclaimed. Anubis just laughed. She then sat up as Anubis unwrapped his arm and got off the bed. She walked over to their stuff and threw her dirty clothes at Anubis as a way of joking with him.

The clothes hit Anubis's face and then he threw the clothes on the floor. He then got out of bed and began getting dressed. Once he was done, they both packed their stuff and they walked out the door after Anubis grabbed the key to the room and closed the door behind them.

They both walked downstairs and headed to the area where people ate breakfast. As soon as they walked into the room, people saw them and hollered "It's Lord Anubis and Lady Aya." "They are walking among us." a woman pointed out. "What are they doing here?" a man replied. Anubis and Aya picked a table and Anubis then set the room keys on that table. They both left the table to get breakfast.

The breakfast buffet had fresh fruit, bread, honey and cinnamon, sugarcane juice, water, milk, and cheese. Both Anubis and Aya grabbed plates and got bread along with apples and cheese. They grabbed glasses of sugarcane juice and went back to their table. They set their food down on the table and sat down to eat.

While they ate, Anubis pointed out "I didn't know that they would have sugarcane juice. I love this juice. I haven't had sugarcane juice in ages." "What's this juice anyways? I've never heard of it. Is it good?" Aya asked. "It is only the best juice in all of Egypt and yes, it is good." Anubis answered.

Aya then decided to take a swig of the sugarcane juice. "Well? What do you think?" Anubis asked. "It's really good. I love it!" Aya declared. "Right." Anubis exclaimed. Once they finished eating and drinking their sugarcane juice, they got up from the table. Anubis grabbed the room keys and they walked back to their room. After walking up the stairs, Anubis unlocked the door to their room and they walked in.

They grabbed their stuff and walked out of the room. Anubis shut the door behind them and they walked downstairs. As soon as they got downstairs, they returned the room keys to the man at the desk. They then walked out the front door. While walking out, the man exclaimed "Thank you for staying. Hope you come back soon." "Come on. Let's go get the others." Anubis replied.

They then headed for the palace. Everyone had already finished eating breakfast by the time Anubis and Aya got there. Once they were in the palace, they told everyone that it was time to head back to Cairo. Everyone then went upstairs, quickly packed their stuff, and headed back downstairs.

After they said their goodbyes to Akins, Sekani, Latif and Khaline, Nekar teleported everyone back to Cairo. Everyone finally got back and headed inside. They got settled back in. After a while, everyone except Nekar and Nekia hung out in Anubis's room. Nekar and Nekia continued magic lessons.

When they entered Nekar's room, Nekar closed the door and walked over to the bookshelf while Nekia walked over to their workspace for magic. Nekar grabbed a spell book off the shelf. It was the same one they were using before. He walked over to Nekia with the book in his hands. He finally set the book down on the table open to the page they were on originally.

"Let's try this again!" Nekar declared. "I hope I do better this time." Nekia replied. "Me too." Nekar replied back. "That makes two of us." Nekar added. "Alright. Here it goes." Nekia exclaimed. Nekia then began chanting the spell again, but this time, she really focused. In seconds, the apple began floating in front of them.

Nekar got a huge smile on his face. Nekia opened her eyes and smiled too. "You're doing it." Nekar pointed out. "I...I am." Nekia exclaimed cheerfully. "I am so proud of you. Tomorrow, I'll teach you how to teleport objects. That way, you can teleport people someday." Nekar explained. "Ok." Nekia replied.

"I thought you said you knew magic. So why are you getting lessons from me?" Nekar then questioned. "Oh. Yeah. Thoth mostly taught me mathematics and stuff. He barely taught me magic. He still taught me, just not much. That's why I'm getting lessons from you. It's just you're so good at magic and I wanted to get just as good as you with this magic stuff, so I decided to ask for your help." Nekia explained. "Oh. Ok. It's not to say that I don't find that flattering, but I just didn't understand your logic there." Nekar responded. The hours passed by and everyone was getting ready for bed. They all went to bed peacefully. For Egypt was peaceful once again.

All of them dreamed of the previous adventures they had including the adventure they just had. Everyone especially Bast showed that they had the heart of an Egyptian warrior. But there were more adventures to come their way now that Khanet and Khanis got their powers. They don't know what challenges they will have to face next. Eventually, time will soon reveal their next enemy.