Chapter 3: Getting Used to the New Normal

"Go on. Try it out!" Ra encouraged them. Khanet and Khanis stood up and closed their eyes. They tried their hardest to concentrate. They put their hands out and waited for their powers to spring from their hands. They then opened their eyes, so they could witness their brand new powers. Just then, they both were controlling their powers in their hands. Khanet was controlling fire while Khanis was controlling wind.

"Wow." Kahnet exclaimed. "This is incredible!" Khanis added. Ra just smiled with delight. "I'm glad you guys like your powers. Also, you both have the ability to fly, teleport, run fast, and have super strength." Ra explained. "Cool." the both of them replied. "I'm not down here much. So, I will take advantage of it." Ra exclaimed.

"Aya. You're my spy. How is Egypt? I would like a report." Ra declared. "Egypt is doing well. There are plenty of resources to go around and people are being respectful and in favor of your name." Aya reported. "That is music to my ears." Ra stated. Aya smiled cheerfully.

"Wait. Aya. You're a spy?" Anubis asked. Anubis didn't know that his wife was a spy. He saw her as a beautiful goddess who knew magic, but not once did he ever see her as a spy. "Yeah. Of course I am. Why do you think I always wear my cloak?" Aya responded.

Anubis shrugged his shoulders. "It's so I don't get recognized by any of the humans." Aya continued. "Well when we met, I could see through your cloak and at your beautiful face." Anubis explained while blushing. "Clearly." Aya replied.

Ra then exclaimed "Goodbye, everyone." Everyone wished him goodbye, even Khanet and Khanis, who stopped controlling their powers. "Man. Being a god is way cooler than I thought." Khanet declared. "Welcome to the god life." Anubis spoke. "Ra has given me a task to train you guys on how to be gods and control your powers far better. So listen up. It is going to take a lot of effort. But with my guidance, I'm sure you'll find the right path to go down." Anubis stated.