Chapter 4: A Friendly Face

While everyone was continuing to eat, Akins, Sekani, and Latif traveled from Alexandria to Cairo, so they could visit their cousins. They made sure to pack their things and let their mom know. After a while, they made it to Cairo. They stopped their chariot in front of the palace. They got off, grabbed their stuff, and walked to the front gate.The guards recognized them and let them through. They walked through the front gate and walked up to the royal advisor, who saw them and took them inside the palace. The doors shut behind them.

The royal advisor took them to Khanis. When they approached the dining room, the royal advisor called out "Your Majesty. You have visitors." Khanis saw Akins, Sekani, and Latif standing there. The royal advisor then walked away. There Akins, Sekani, and Latif stood silently.

They didn't know what to say or what to do. Akins finally came up with the right words to say. He decided to greet his cousin. "Hi, Khanis." Akins replied. "Hey, Akins. What are you guys doing here?" Khanis asked.

"My brothers and I thought it would be a great idea if we came and visited you guys. So now, here we are." Akins explained.

"Well. It's always nice to have you guys come and visit us." Khanis replied. "Thank you. We appreciate being welcomed into your home." Akins stated. "Of course. It's always nice to have you guys over. The doors are wide open to you while they're not open to some people." Khanis remarked.

"Which people are the doors not open to?" Akins asked. "People we despise like Evil Anubis or uncle Khoti." Khanis answered. "What's wrong with uncle Khoti?" Akins then asked. Khanis gave him the look that you would give someone if you thought they were insane or brainwashed for some reason.

"What's wrong with him? What's wrong with him? Are you seriously asking what's wrong with him?" Khanis asked. "Yes. What's wrong with him?" Akins replied. "He did tons of horrible things to my father and he locked Nekia in a cell for most of her life." Khanis explained. "Oh. That's what Nekia meant when she said that she was locked up." Akins exclaimed. "Oh. Ok. Never mind." Akins added.

Khanet then decided to chime in on the conversation that turned to a dull point. "Hey, guys. Khanis and I got godlike powers. We are officially immortals." Khanet explained. "Not yet. I still have to train you." Anubis added. "Oh. Well. Somewhat immortals." Khanet replied. "Really. How?" Akins asked. "Ra gave us our powers. Now, we just have to get trained how to use them." Khanet then explained.

"Oh." Akins exclaimed. "That is so cool!" Latif pointed out. "Yeah. It really is. Khanis controls wind and I control fire. We'll show you our powers sometime." Khanet declared. "Ok." Akins replied. Khanis and Khanet sat back down and continued eating their breakfast while Akins, Sekani, and Latif stood there quietly.