V. What You Deserve

Chapter Five
Soroya

Ross only got us two hotel rooms to stay in for this mission, one for the agents he sent and one for the rest of us. Our room only has two queen sized beds to be shared between Bucky, me, John, Sam, and Caden. Caden is staring blankly at the screen on one of these beds, looking excited once he sees us walk through the door.

"British television is terribly boring," He announces, swinging his legs off the bed and standing up. "You were successful, I gather?"

"Yes, Quinn is on his way to a British prison as we speak," I tell him. "But I know he wasn't the only agent you worked with. How many others can you help us find?"

"I've made dealings with many agents, but I only do business with four; you, Quinn, Elizabeth McAllister, and Jade Rosales."

I turn to Bucky. "Where's the list Everett gave us?"

Bucky goes over to the chair in the corner of the room where our stuff is, looking through the list and nodding his head to me. "McAllister and Rosales are both here."

"Do you know either of them?" Sam asks the two of us.

"I know of McAllister, but I've never met her." I tell him.

"I have," Bucky replies. "I worked with her once about fifteen years ago. She's the best hacker HYDRA has ever known. What's she been up to lately?" He asks Caden.

"She hasn't moved on from hacking. You see, unlike Quinn, McAllister hates HYDRA. She considers herself an anarchist, she wants to take down governments because she thinks they're all as corrupt as HYDRA. She comes to me for information on some of the other business partners I have, the ones who are members of the governments she hates so much."

"So you're willing to backstab your other business partners for her?" John asks, crossing his arms.

"Do you have a problem with that?"

John shakes his head. "No, actually, for once I don't. I'm just curious what she gives you in return, it must be important if you're willing to burn bridges."

"She gives me security for my house, the best in the world. But I won't be needing it now that I will be relocated to America, thanks to you, Beasty."

"Don't complain, Caden," I warn him. "It's better than jail."

He holds his hands up in surrender. "I'm not complaining."

"Do you know where she is now?" Sam asks.

"She lives in Paris, in an apartment outside the city. But I wouldn't be surprised if she's fled given what's happened to Quinn today."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"She's a smart woman. She knows as well as you do that Quinn is hard to take down, and since your victory today is being broadcasted, I think she'll suspect you're after ex HYDRA agents."

John marches up to him, getting in his face as he says warningly: "If you tip her off about us coming, Harvey, I assure you that I will make sure you don't make it to your probation."

"Get out of my face, pretty boy, if you know what's good for you."

I place my hands on John's chest and push him back, wedging myself between them. I give him a look, which makes him sigh and back off, stepping away from the two of us.

"I know that not everyone gets along," I say calmly, not just to Caden, but to everyone in the room. "But we need to put our differences aside and tick people off that list. This is bigger than all of us. Now, are you all with me?"