IX. The Real Hero

Chapter Nine
John

Soroya, Barnes, and Harvey arrive at the house a couple hours later, parking the ship in the middle of the silent street. McAllister has been sitting on the couch inside her house, with Sam and I in the chairs across from her.

When Soroya enters the house, she has her suit activated and her gun out. Barnes also has his gun out and aimed low, but Harvey just waltzes in and makes his way into the kitchen without a word to any of us.

When they see McAllister is handcuffed, they put their guns away, Soroya approaching her first. McAllister looks at Soroya with respect, maybe even admiration as she nods her head to her. "Soroya Roberts, I've wanted to meet you for a long time."

"And I, you. Throughout my time in HYDRA I heard of your skills, your strength. It's no surprise to me that you've continued to use them both even though HYDRA is gone."

"We both know that HYDRA isn't gone, especially within us."

Soroya's expression turns from serious to sympathetic. She smiles softly towards the hacker, sincere as she tells her: "I'm sorry, you didn't deserve what they did to you, or what they turned you into."

"And neither did either of you," She says, glancing between Soroya and Barnes. "I just hope that one day you are let out of the clutches of the governments that continue to enslave you."

Neither one of them replies to her, and the room grows rather silent until Harvey makes his way back from the kitchen, a sandwich in his hand. When he sees McAllister he smiles at her, his cheeks puffy from the food being stuffed in his mouth.

"Elizabeth, good to see you." He says, sounding muffled from the food.

McAllister rolls her eyes, her teeth gritted as she almost shouts: "You backstabbing son of a bitch."

Harvey holds his hands up innocently, giving her an obvious look. "It was either betray you or go to jail. It's nothing personal, Lizzy."

McAllister glares his way for a long moment, and while she does this, I pull out my phone and begin dialing Ross's number.

"I should call Ross and tell him we have McAllister." I tell Soroya, getting out of the chair.

She nods, pulling out her own phone. "I'll call the FBI and tell them to come pick McAllister up. If he asks to talk to me, tell him I'm busy."

I chuckle lightly and bring the phone up to my ear, walking out the open doorway and sitting down on the porch, waiting for Ross to answer.

"Major, what is your status on McAllister?"

"We have her captured, sir. We are at her house with her in custody, waiting for the FBI's arrival."

Ross pauses a moment before responding with: "You didn't contact me for the arrest, I did not authorize you to infiltrate her house."

"I'm sorry, sir, but we have been searching for her for a month and didn't want to risk her escaping, so Wilson and I left Missouri to go find her."

"You and Wilson alone? Where was Roberts and Barnes?"

"In Ireland, sir, trying to create a honeypot to track her location. She was successful and that's what lead us here, with the help of Jason Bryan's cooperation."