IV. Family

Chapter Four
Soroya

Livy and Stevie run past us into our house as soon as we open the door. They both go straight into the family room, with Livy picking up the Harry Potter book she left on the table in front of the couch and Stevie jumping up and down excitedly on said couch. He is practically bursting with anticipation as he asks us: "Tell me how you caught the bad guy! Did he have powers? How many other kids did you rescue? I gotta know!"

Bucky chuckles at our son's enthusiasm, walking over towards the back of the couch and giving him the answers he desires: "We found the bad guy's hideout and your Uncle John took him down. Your mother took down the bad guy's henchmen and together we all rescued the kids that were captured."

This makes Stevie even more excited, he jumps up and wraps his arms around Bucky's neck and his legs around his waist, saying into Bucky's shoulder: "That's so cool, Daddy."

"I'm happy you and Mama are okay," Livy says, setting her book down on her lap. "You were gone longer than you said you would be, I started to worry."

"I wasn't, I knew you were just busy," Stevie says, pulling back from Bucky and looking over to me. "Nothing can stop you."

I walk over to my son and kiss his head, then I go over to sit down next to my daughter, who looks a little upset. Olivia has always taken what Bucky and I do very seriously, every time either of us go on a mission, I can tell it really bothers her. She doesn't usually say anything because she knows how important our job is, but I can sense her fear every time we leave, and her relief every time we come back. Steve is the exact opposite, he thinks being an Avenger is the greatest thing in the world, and thinks we're invincible.

I tuck Livy's her behind her ear before placing my arm around her shoulders, pulling her against me. Livy wraps her arms around my waist and rests her head against my chest, mumbling to me: "I'm glad you're safe, Mama."

I kiss the top of her head and squeeze her tightly. "Me too, my darling."

Bucky, with Stevie still wrapped around him like a monkey, sits down on the couch on the other side of Livy, gripping onto her hand with his metal hand. "We'll have to go away again, but just for a few hours. We need to question the bad guy we captured. You'll stay at the palace with your aunt and uncle while we're gone."

"Can you both please spend some more time with Jo? This will be a hard transition for her and having you two to make her comfortable will be a great help to your uncles." I ask them both.

Stevie nods, placing his tiny hands on Bucky's cheeks, playing with his scruff. "We can show her around the palace and the city, I think she'll really like it."

"I'm really happy that we have a cousin." Livy says with a smile as she pulls back from me.

"What about Zy? He's our cousin." Stevie points out.

Livy's cheeks start to blush as she says: "Zy is different."

Stevie shrugs, continuing on by saying: "Jo has really awesome powers, are you gonna teach her to use them like you did with us?"

"We'll all help her," I tell him, pushing strands of his hair away from his face. "She's family now, and that's what family's do, they help one another."

"When are you leaving again?" Livy asks quietly.

"Not for a few hours, how about we watch a movie together and eat some dinner?" I suggest, kissing Livy's head once more before standing up. "What are two hungry for?"

"Pizza!" Stevie declares.

Livy rolls her eyes. "You always want pizza."

"Because pizza is the best."