37 - Hope For A Better Day

1 year later.

"Thank you for joining with us on this interview Mr V. I'm sure your schedule is really packed." The interviewer, Lisa said with a huge smile.

"Yes it is. But I'm happy to be here. And thank you for having me." V replied with little bow.

"So, let's talk about your comeback. This must have been a real shock to your fans. I mean this is totally different from your previous music style."

"Yeah, well, people change, I guess."

"So it would seem. We see your new songs already dominating the charts all over the world. But tell me, how's the direct feedback you got from the fans."

"They seems to love it. I'm very grateful for my fans. It wouldn't have been possible without them. It's really heartwarming when you get unconditional love and support from others, specially in difficult times."

Taehyung subconsciously touched and turned the gold ring on his finger, making the little heart shaped pink jem to go around and around. Taehyung looked up to see Lisa looking at it too. He really needs to get a hold of that habit.

Lisa, who was actually a friend of Taehyung, looked at him with a small smile and steered the conversation back to the new album.

Namjoon looked at the idol who was having a serious conversation. Who's giving all the right answers very politely but his smile never reaches his eyes.

A year ago, Namjoon would have loved to have V show some seriousness at public appearances as he was always so playful and mischievous. Often making the manager's life more difficult than it should be.

But now, Namjoon would have given anything to have a glimpse of the old Taehyung back. Although it's million times better that the hell hole that he crawled back from.

Namjoon still remembers the huge blowout that happened between Jin and Taehyung. From what he knows, Namjoon can count with one hand  the number of times that Jin was actually angry with his baby brother. And that was one of those times.

After about couple of months of not eating properly, not sleeping properly, absolute refusal to public appearances and basically not living at all except for breathing, Taehyung made Jin snap and the outburst was damn scary.

Jin yelled and yelled where Taehyung listened without much response. What finally made Taehyung break is when Jin said that Kookie would not like for Taehyung to live like that, and that Kookie would actually be ashamed of Taehyung if he sees him now.

That made the walls that Taehyung built around himself crumble and he cried to his hearts content. And was gradually able to pull his life back.

And now he's this serious, quite and melancholy person, who looks not like a man in his twenties but like a middle aged man that has lived through many hardships of life.

And it is absolutely heartbreaking for the family and friends who knew how fun the real Taehyung actually was.

Namjoon brought his attention back to the interview that seems to be finishing.

"Thank you, Mr V. We wish your album every success." Lisa said as she shock Taehyung's hand.

"The pleasure is all mine. Thank you."

After the camera was cut, Lisa approached Taehyung. She knows that Taehyung doesn't let anyone hug him or kiss him anymore so she kept her distance.

"Hi Tae, how are you?" Lisa asked gently.

"I'm...." Taehyung couldn't complete his sentence. Since Lisa is a friend, he didn't have pretend to be ok. "I'm hanging in there."

"I can see that." Lisa smiled affectionately.

Namjoon came and after talking with everyone, they went to their car.

"So.. are you coming home or...." Namjoon asked looking sideways at Taehyung.

"No." Taehyung simply replied.

"Ok." Namjoon couldn't stop the sigh that came out. "Come home for few days Tae. Jin doesn't say anything but I know he miss you terribly."

"I know. I'll come next week hyung." Taehyung replied softly. He misses his brother too.

Namjoon dropped him at this cozy little house that has been Taehyung's home for many months now.

Taehyung went inside and everyone greeted him. As he went inside the room, a nurse greeted him.

"Hello Mr Taehyung."

"Hi Nancy, how's he doing today?"

"Good, Mr Taehyung. As always."

Taehyung looked at the man laying on the bed as he sat down on the chair next to it.

"Hey Kookie, so I had a interview today. You remember Lisa right?-"

Yes. Jungkook has been in a coma for the past 12 months. The doctors were able to revive his heart when it stopped but the damage to it was so severe that they had to put him under a medical induced coma.

Taehyung had acquired this little nursing home and has converted half of it to a person hospital for Jungkook, with all the necessary equipments and a sufficient number of doctors and nurses to look after the younger 24/7.

Other half of it was made in to a  living quarters which Taehyung is using as his home. It has a recording studio and a dance practice room so he barely goes out. And he sleeps in a bed next to Jungkook most of the nights.

For the first few months, Taehyung has been a real mess as Jungkook's condition was not stable. But ever since Jungkook's body was fully healed and the doctors were confident that he'll make a full recovery, Taehyung has been better.

They tried to wake him up from his coma with medication but it was not successful. According to the doctors, this was somewhat to be expected. They are sure he will wake up but not sure exactly when.

That's when Taehyung made arrangements for this home and moved the younger. Even though Taehyung hadn't heard Jungkook's voice, felt Jungkook's touches and his sweet caresses, he was living with the younger for a year now. And he's ready to wait even more. Even if it takes him all his life.

Rose's situation was dealt successfully. The important work that Yoongi had to do was to get a spy camera and recording device. They attached it to Jungkook's shirt button before Jungkook went to see Rose and they were able to get a video of her confession and even a footage of her shooting Jungkook.

Namjoon and Yoongi met with Rose and threatened her with the video, making her give up her attempts. The last they heard was of her leaving the country and she hasn't been in their lives after that.

They considered going to the police with the evidence but Rose's family is quite rich. It's wouldn't have been smart to get more people involved in this and better to close it once and for all. As long as the threat of the confession video hangs over Rose's head, they will not have any trouble from her.

After giving a record of how his day went, Taehyung went to the other part of the house, where he had a wash and ate the food prepared by the maids. After getting ready for bed, the elder came to Jungkook's room and attached his moveble bed to the younger's bed as he would normally do.

Taehyung slept, looking at the younger's face, with his hand gently holding the other's and a hope of a new day - a better day - in his heart.