1| An Error

A feeling of emptiness took over my body. A feeling that I'm familiar with, too familiar. I just lay on my bed, in a plain room, black curtains holding the sunlight back from blinding my vision.

It was cold, the wind was blowing, I liked the cold it gave me a sense of peace and also it didn't bother me, after all, it was just the end of February...

My room was rather clean, nothing out of the ordinary really. Except for the pile of bloodied clothes sitting in the corner from last night.

_____

Growing up, I always looked up to heroes, even more than anybody could imagine, and I wanted to be one myself.

However things changed when I was diagnosed quirkless at the age of four, my world turned upside down.

Ever since then, everyone has been calling me weak, defenceless, pushing me around, telling me that I could never become a hero and that I should be 'realistic'.

I was a living error, I wasn't meant to be here... That's what the world made me feel like.

I didn't really have an innocent childhood, or a normal one to say the least.

My mother committed suicide when I was 8 and I had to stare at her brains splashed upon the living room's walls.

My father came back from the states to take care of me, of course, we had to move there, leaving everything behind.

It wasn't like my life in Japan was the best or anything.

I have to admit, living in the States was really nice, Califonia to be more specific, I got to meet David Shield and his daughter, Melissa, she's quirkless just like me...

Five years later we returned home, a nice household, a new private school and shit. He never really minded that I was quirkless, he was a scientist and an open-minded man.

Yet there's no more to say, he was. Without my mom, we had hard times you know, all the messed up feelings and stuff.

Two years ago, he got kidnapped by villains and the heroes failed to save him.

Oh, what a joke the heroes are.

Claiming they're invincible, talking on TV shows, waving hands to their fans, smiling carelessly, wearing fancy clothes.

And what's funnier is that it took me 13 years to figure all that out. Pathetic.

I was left alone in this cruel world and needed a purpose, I'm not a bad person I never considered myself as one, I'm not a villain.

But I'm not a hero either.

_____

F l a s h b a c k

_____

I was sitting hopelessly in the police station, it was really early in the morning and I had been here for hours now.

I couldn't bring myself to sleep.

I couldn't bring myself to cry.

I just stared blankly.

Ever since seeing my mom like that all those years ago, I lacked emotions. It was like my mind rejected them. Because you know like fuck them they're useless either way!

I heard officers talking, they had questioned me already so I had nothing to do. They gave me a chocolate bar, I didn't eat it, I didn't want to.

"Poor kid, he has no one else left. I read his mother had committed suicide what like five years ago, must have been terrible."