Chapter 4

Grace's POV

Our wedding is a week away. I wish I could escape from this, but he will find me wherever I go. I'm still young to be in this situation.

''Hello, Grace!'' My boss John chirpily said as he entered the cafe.
''Hi, Mr. Sulkin!''
''Do you know what day is?''
''I don't know.'' I answered.
''How could you forget your payment, silly?'' He chuckled as he passed me envelope. I smiled in return.
''Thank you, Mr. Sulkin.''
''Thank you too. I don't know in what this cafe would turn out if you weren't here.'' I smiled.

''Mr. Sulkin, can I request you something?''
''Sure.''
''Can I get a week off this week, because I'm getting married.'' I stated. He looked taken aback, but nodded softly.
''Sure thing. You deserve a week off anyway as you have been working hard this past two years.''
''Thank you.''

''So what about wedding?''
''It's going to be a small wedding with our close family.'' I lied. There is no going to be any wedding. We will just sign papers and act like a happy couple in front of others.

''I'm happy for you. I'm sure you made right choice by picking this lucky guy.'' He chuckled. I gave him tight smile in return as I got back to work. It wasn't even my choice actually.

When I finished with my shift, Anita came. In front of a cafe stood that one annoying bodyguard that's always following me like a puppy.

He opened the car door for me as I entered the car. He came to the driver seat and drove off home. The ride was quiet as always. He parked in our drive as I got out and unlocked the front door.

I went upstairs in our room to freshen myself up and change my working clothes. I got dressed in my new Nike matching sweatsuit and went downstairs to eat. I made mac and cheese quickly and filled my growling belly.

I didn't know what to do as I have been bored so I went in the small library we have at the back of the house. I sometimes take a book from there and read in my room or I just stay inside reading.

I took Beauty and the Beast, one of my favourite romans and started reading it. I just love how Beast changed for Belle that makes me want to change David, but I know that's impossible.

I was caught up in a book when I suddenly noticed the booming voice. David was calling for me and I could hear anger in his voice. I got scared that he will hurt me, but if I don't come out now, he might hurt me more.

I got up from the floor and put the book back to its place, before going out of the library. I went down the hallway where I saw red looking David.

He took long strides towards me when he noticed me then he put his fingers in my hair beneath my ear and gripped it harshly. I whimpered at the sudden impact and didn't want to look at him.

''Were you trying to escape? Where were you?'' He shouted as he made me look at him.
''I-I was reading in the library. I'm s-sorry.'' I said as few tears fell from the corner of my eyes. He loosened his grip in my hair, but his fingers stayed still.
''You need to tell me or to the bodyguard, where will you be. Something can happen to you.'' He said still with the hint of anger, but he calmed down. I nodded with his words as he let go of my hair and wiped few tears.

''Get ready. I'm taking you out for the dinner.'' He said as he went upstairs. I followed him to our room where I took nice dress and brushed my hair straight. I applied some light lipgloss and put on the sandals.

I didn't even know why he wanted to go to the dinner. He clearly stated that I don't mean anything to him then why spending money on some dinner for me. I got downstairs where he waited for me in expensive Armani suit. I can't deny that his muscles looked good in that tight suit.

He extended his hand for me which I took then he led us to one of his most expensive cars. He likes to show off, isn't he? I shook my head and entered the car after he opened the door for me.

After quick ride that made me feel like I want to vomit because he was driving so fast. I prayed to not have a car crash while we just wanted to go on a nice dinner. I love my life, okay?

We entered the restaurant that screamed ''only for rich''. The woman led us to our table for two. The table was very elegant and simple, just how I like it to be.

We weren't really talking as waiter brought the food for us. It was so delicious. The steak was perfectly baked. I should try making this at home.

After maybe an hour and a half, we decided to get up. David told me to wait in front of gates when he pays the bill so I listened. But I should have not.

I saw my ''father'' hand in hand with some girl that was dressed in really revealing clothes. They were laughing as they were getting closer.

''Dad?'' I spoke. He looked over at me in some disgust as that girl did the same.
''Hi, my lovely daughter.'' He laughed sarcastically as he wrapped the arm around girls waist.

''Who is that and what are you doing here?'' I asked him.
''That's none of your business, you little b*tch.'' That girl chimmed in. I ignored her as I focused on my digusting father who shamelessly kissed her.

''You forgot about mom so easily?'' I said holding back tears.
''Why should I remember her anyway?''
''You're disgusting and evil.'' I spat at his face. He seemed to get angry as he slapped me across my face.

I fell down on a floor with loud thud and caught my cheek. It was burning with pain and I couldnt help but cry. I hate him.

Soon there was a punch as the girl squeaked. I look up to see David beating my father everywhere he could get. My father went limp on the floor. He deserved it, but I didn't want for David to become a killer.

''David! David, stop! Please, stop!'' I yelled. He seemed to snap out of it and turned to look at my crying form on the floor. I extended my arms in his way to help him lift me up.

He let go of my father and came closer to me and lifted me up from the ground as I wrapped my legs around him. I shoved my face in his neck as I cried. He put his hands on my butt as he kissed my cheek few times where my father slapped me.

He brought us to his car and called one of the bodyguards that came with us to drive us back home while he sat with me in his lap at the backseat of the car. I was sobbing in his neck as sobs turned to sniffles.

I lifted my head to look at him.
''I'm sorry for ruining this.'' I sniffled. He wiped the tears from my cheeks and kissed my forehead before pulling me to his chest again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and started playing with his soft hair.

''It's not your fault.'' He kissed my cheek.