Chapter 16

Grace's POV

I'm so excited to see my friend again. He is really great person. I remember when we were little. I don't know why but he would always tease me by throwing me in the pool when summer came. But it was so much fun.

I just wish to get back when I was little girl. When I didn't know about world and how ruthless sometimes it can be. But maybe if I could change past, now I wouldn't carry my first baby and have a husband who loves me.

I snapped out of my thoughts when oven dinged. I took out freshly baked cookies. It smelled so good. I put them down on the island to cool them down before putting them in plates.

I rushed upstairs to change myself. I got dressed in black jeans and white shirt. I recently bought new pants that are three sizes bigger, because of my bump. I put my hair in a messy bun before going downstairs.

Just when I put cookies in the plate, doorbell dinged. I rushed to the door when I saw Antonio. He smiled when he hugged me then his smile drifted away when he looked at my stomach.

''You're pregnant?'' He asked.
''Yes. I'm 12 weeks along.'' I smiled.
''That's nice.'' He gave me small smile before I led him inside. We sat at the living room.

I don't know why I had weird feeling about this. His demanour was serious one and that worried me. Antonio was always bubbly guy and I don't know what happened.

''Toni, are you okay? You seem serious.'' I asked.
''Why did you have to stay pregnant?'' He asked narrowing his eyes at me. I moved myself away from him scared at his sudden question.
''What are you talking about?'' I asked confused and scared with how he was looking at me.

He got up abrubtly making me jump up.
''I was already angry that you married him and now you're carrying his child.'' He said taking small steps towards me. I got up from couch and looked at him like he is crazy.

''Antonio, what's wrong with you? We're best friends.''
''That's the problem. I don't want to be your friend. I want to be what that bastard is. You weren't meant to be his.'' He yelled which made me scared more.

''She was meant to be mine.'' I heard David's voice. I snapped my look to him and pleaded him to move him away. He gave me assuring look that brought me a relief a bit.

''She wasn't. That thing in her stomach was supposed to be mine.'' He said pointing to my stomach. Did he just call my baby ''a thing''?
''You're crazy.'' I said.
''You're going to see how crazy I can be.'' He said as he brought gun out of his pants and pointed it to my stomach. I brought my hands on my stomach fast to protect my baby.

''You better put that gun down before I blow off your skull.'' David said. He also pointed a gun towards Antonio. I started crying from fear. I didn't want my baby to be hurt.

''Or should I kill your lovely husband?'' He smiled wickedly and pointed gun towards David.
''Antonio, stop. Please, stop.'' I pleaded as tears streamed down my voice.
''Why should I? He stole from me what I wanted the most. He should die, then that thing in your stomach too.'' He sneered.

''Don't call my child a thing, you motherf**ker!'' David said as he pulled the trigger and Antonio reacted the same. I screamed when I saw Antonio falling down with the pool of blood surrounding his head.

I ran to David when he fell on a floor. He was shot in the chest and looked pale. I put his head on my thighs as I kneeled down next to him. I didn't even notice that bodyguards came around us. They called doctors while I was sobbing mess.

''David, please. Wake up. You can't leave us. You can't leave us.'' I yelled as I shook his body.
''Ma'am, please calm down. The ambulance will arrive now.'' The one of the bodyguards said. How can I calm down when my husband is bleeding? I can't loose him. I just can't.

He protected our baby with his life. But he is my life too. I can't loose him. I love him so much. I couldn't bear to loose him. I kissed and caressed his cheek while we were waiting for ambulance.

Soon there was sirene of ambulance. Medics put him on the movable bed and pressed his wound with cloth as they carried him to the ambulance van. I got inside with him when they drove off to hospital.

They tried to calm me down, but I just couldn't. This is too much for me. I know I can't stress because of a baby, but I can't look at him this vulnerable. They put needle in his hand and some thing to help him breath better.

We quickly arrived in the hospital where they led him to immediate operation. They didn't let me and sat me in one of the chairs. While I was waiting, nurse came to me with pill and glass of water.

''Please, take this. It will help you calm down.'' She said as she handed me the pill. I listened as I didn't have strenght to object.
''I noticed you are pregnant. Your baby is still small, Miss, and you can easily loose it if you keep stressing too much.'' She said and left with tight smile.

Why is this happening to me? I don't want to loose David and the baby. I have to be strong, but I don't seem to find strenght anywhere.