Chapter 12

Grace's POV

I opened my eyes slowly because my eyelids felt so heavy. I looked around the room to see I'm back in our room. I smiled feeling delighted that I'm back.

I remember that I collapsed when I saw David. At the thought of him, I sat up in the bed. If he isn't in the room, where is he? I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I stunk even if I noticed my body was somewhat clean and I was in his shirt. I washed myself and went to take clean underwear. I took another one of his shirt and put it on me. I felt so fresh and I liked his scent.

My stomach growled at the need of a food. I went downstairs, but house was all empty. I made myself pasta with sauce and fruit smoothie. I was so happy to finally fed us.

I became a little bit anxious because David was nowhere to be seen. I went back to our room and laid down on the bed. Suddenly thoughts rushed through my head about before.

David killed them all just to save me. We could have died if he didn't come for us. I searched on Google what I have been feeling these past three weeks when I came to conclusion that I might be pregnant.

So I bought pregnancy test after I finished with my work and it came out positive. I was happy and surprised, but worried ths most. David is mafia boss and we can be in danger all the time. I didn't want to tell him.

I was falling asleep again when I heard the door opening. I opened my eyes to see my man standing at the door. I got up and went to hug him when he backed me away with his hand.

''David?'' I asked trying to reach his hand but he moved away from me. He unbuttoned his shirt while going in the closet. He came out in a sweatpants when I noticed bandage wrapped around his shoulder.

''You got hurt because of me. I'm sorry.'' I said tears brimming in my eyes. He completely ignored my statement as he looked at me. He was angry.

''Do you have something to tell me, Grace?'' He spoke firmly.
''What do you mean?''
''Do you have something to tell me?'' He repeated slowly this time.
''I don't know why are you acting like this.'' I said. He took a deep breath to calm himself.

''Don't avoid the damn question.'' He yelled making me flinch. I'm scared to tell him and I just shook my head 'no'.
''No?'' He asked almost in a mocking tone. I nodded my head, but wasn't prepared for his next outburst.

''So you never wanted to tell me that you're carrying my child, my heir and my blood?'' He yelled so scarily that I felt he is going to harm us. How did he actually found out? Then I remembered about the pregnancy test in a trash can.

I just stayed silent and felt like guilt was swallowing me. He deserved to know, but I was also scared to tell him. I just wanted to protect my baby from any harm.

''Why did you hide it from me?'' He spoke more calmly but I know he was restraining from strangling me. He doesn't make right decisions when he is angry and everybody knows that.

''I wanted to protect it. You are in mafia, David. Do you think we are harmless around you?'' I said looking him in the eyes.
''You think I wouldn't protect my child?'' He said looking hurt.
''I'm sorry for not telling you.''

''Sorry won't fix anything. First time in my life, I'm actually hurt. I thought you could do better, you could have trust in me, but I was obviously wrong. You hid from me that you are carrying my child and someone kidnapped you. If you at least told me about being pregnant, I would have protected you more so this all wouldn't have happened. I haven't slept for a whole week just so I could bring you home faster. And don't flatter yourself if you thought I came for you because I came for my child. I don't even want to see your face.''

Tears streamed down my cheeks as he finished talking. I was so wrong. He loves our child more than anything and I thought he is danger for us. I tried to take his hand but he yanked it off and brushed past me.

''David, please. I'm sorry. I was scared. Please don't leave me. Please.'' I begged as more tears blurred my vision.
''Don't beg me because you'll get nowhere doing that.'' His words struck me. I said the same thing to him the day I got kidnapped. Before I could stop him he exited the door, leaving me alone in the room.

I fell on a floor as I got dizzy. My head was hurting from all the crying and yelling. He doesn't care about me anymore and he shouldn't. I'm worthless and stupid. I don't deserve him.