Chapter 13

Grace's POV

I woke up panting for air. It's still night and I had another nightmare. And it's four days since we are not talking. I miss him even if we see each other.

I looked at him sleeping peacefully next to me on his stomach. I got closer and put my head on his warm back. I kissed his skin softly and put my hand on his arm.

''I miss you.'' I whispered as one tear escaped my eye. I wiped it off quickly and closed my eyes drifting off to sleep.

Of course when I woke up he wasn't next to me which made my heart ache more. I rubbed my stomach and remembered stress isn't good for the baby.

I got up from the bed and went to take a shower. I got dressed in black leggings and white top off sleeves. My bump looked cute and visible in this.

I went downstairs to make some breakfast for me and my baby. I made scrambled eggs and poured milk in the glass. I know mixing eggs and milk is not really a combination but baby wants it.

I called my boss yesterday to tell him about what happened. I mean, I didn't tell him that I got kidnapped, I only told him that I'm pregnant.

I'm going to visit him today so I can explain everything and tell him I can't work anymore because of a baby. My job is very stressful and I'm always on my feet. And David wouldn't like me to work.

I took my purse and got out where I met my bodyguard. I asked him to drive me to the cafe where I found my boss and Anita. She hugged me and told me she missed me.

I sat with my boss at the corner of the cafe and Anita brought us drinks.
''I'm sorry for this inconvinience, Mr. Sulkin.'' I said.
''It's fine, Grace. I'm glad that you're fine and I'm happy that you are going to have a baby. They are biggest blessing in life.'' He said smiling at me softly.

''Thank you for understanding. It was unexpected, but I'm happy that I'll start my own family.''
''You should always think like that. About your job, you can always get back when you give a birth and spend enough time with your child.''
''Thank you so much. You are the best, Mr. Sulkin.'' I grinned as I went to hug him.

We parted ways after awhile and I couldn't be more happier that my heart was at ease about one thing at least. The bodyguard escorted me back to our house.

I entered the house and went upstairs to our room to find redfaced David looking at me in fury.
''Where were you?'' He greethed out.
''I met with my boss.''

''Who let you?''
''What?''
''I asked who let you to go meet with your boss.'' He yelled. I flinched at his sudden raise of voice.
''Nobody. The bodyguard escorted me to the cafe.'' I said. He grabbed my chin and raised my head.

''Listen here and listen well. I don't want to find out that you left this house without my permission which you would never get. You are mother of my child so start acting like one. I don't want you to ever bring my child's life in danger even if it's by going out in a garden. Do you understand?'' I nodded my head as tears flowed down my cheeks.

''I don't understand your nodding. Use your words.''
''I understand.'' I said. He let my chin down and went inside the bathroom.

I started crying harder. How can he even say that I would bring our baby's life in danger? He only sees me as a woman who is carrying his child, nothing more.

How can he act so cold towards me? I obviously never meant something to him. At least he is loving and caring to our baby and I can deal with that.

I went to the library and took a book. I went back to our room and laid down on the bed. He came out of the bathroom with towel around his waist and left in the closet then got out not long after in grey sweatpants.

He laid next me and turned his face on the other side. I felt a pang in my chest at his actions but tried to ignore it. He would always put his head on my belly while I was reading. I miss that. I pulled myself down and closed my eyes, but I didn't sleep. I was remebering about all moments we shared and how much I miss that.