Chapter 11

Grace's POV

I have been here for few days maybe weeks, I don't even know what time is it now. I sleep only when I'm sleepy otherwise I'm staring at the wall thinking.

For how long am I going to be like this? And here? I realize how much I love and miss David when I can't see him. But I'm not really feeling guilty about how I treated him. I want to have a hope that he is also missing me.

I miss to cuddle with him and to caress his soft hair. He always snuggles close to me when we lay down at the night. I love how he was always making love to me by being gentle at first then became rough. But I liked every moment we shared.

Suddenly, voices outside were getting louder. I didn't quite understand what were they talking about because of all yelling that was heard outside and mixed voices.

I scooted in one corner of the bed and brought my knees up securing them with my hands. My heart was thumping loudly against my chest in fear. What's actually happening? What will happen to me?

Voices became silent, now almost in whispers like they are planning something. I could only hear my erratic heart beating in this room. Now this silence was scaring me more.

What happened in matter of few minutes? Why did they yell so much? My face lit up at the thought that maybe David is coming for me. I hope it's what I'm thinking.

I screamed when I heard shooting. It was so sudden and caught me off guard. My door were opened when dead body flew inside. I let out another scream before I got up and scuried far away from the body.

I peeked through my broken door and saw there were a lot of dead bodies on the floor while some of the man were standing and shooting at each other.

I almost vomitted at the smell of blood. It was horrible and I couldn't bring myself to look anymore at that. There was so much shooting and yelling that I put my hands on the ears to silence this noise.

My body trembled as I was afraid for our life. It was slowly getting silent as I moved my hands from my ears. There were last few gun shots heard as I stumbled on my feet to get up.

I looked over from the open door to see David lowering two guns in his hands. I smiled when I saw him, but my vision got blurry and I was met with darkness as I collapsed on the floor.

David's POV

I shot one last man that was left as I lowered my guns down. I was grazed in my shoulder, but nothing more. My men mostly survived and some didn't.

I noticed my girl standing in front of open door. She smiled faintly before she collapsed on the floor. I put my guns in my pants and ran to her.

She looked pale and her lips drained  from blood. I scooped her in my arms and kissed her forehead before going out of this f**king building.

I entered the car that drove us off to our house. She didn't move an inch while we were driving but I know she was malnourished while they were keeping her there. I kissed her cheek and pulled her closer to my chest.

I only slept around eight hours complete in seven days. I finally found her and nobody will take her away from me. She was mine from the beggining and nothing would ever change that.

We arrived home as I got out of the car and went inside. I brought her to our room and laid her on a bed. I called my private doctor. In meanwhile, I changed her in one of my shirts after wiping her body with wet towels.

I leaned down to kiss her small bump. It looks so adorable on her and I know our baby is healthy in there. I'm so angry at her because she hid from me our baby, but we will talk about it.

I heard a knock on the door and the doctor entered our room with the equipment because I also told him to check on the baby.

I was watching him as he checked on her and our baby. He turned on the monitor when I heard heartbeats. I felt something in my heart that I never felt before. That's my child, my blood.

''Mr. Malford, there are not complications about your wife or your child. Just make sure she eats when she wakes up so she could have enough nutritions. Otherwise, everything is fine and you baby is already nine weeks as I see.'' He said with a smile. I nodded my head in understanding.

''Now, we should take care of you.'' He pointed to my shoulder.
''Oh, I forgot about that.'' I said surprised. He chuckled.
''I noticed.''

I removed my shirt and he dressed my wound carefully. I got used to getting shot and the pain is there, but I don't feel it. He finished as he wrapped the bandage around my shoulder.

''Don't move too much. You already know everything so I don't need to explain.'' He said as he packed everything in the bags and left outside leaving me few kinds of pills.

I sighed as I removed my pants and went to lay next to her. I laid on my stomach and put my hand on her small bump. I felt at ease that they are finally with me.