Chapter 8

Grace's POV

I refused to open my eyes even if I woke up. I heard David's grumbled voice as he was probably talking on his phone. I listened to conversation, but he seemed stressed about it.

''When is the shipment going to arrive?''... ''Are you sure there is 100 kilos? Check up that carefully when they come.''...''If there is any inconvinience, kill them all.''

I looked over him at him in pure shock. Did he just said to kill people? My hands started shaking at the thought he can hurt me anytime he wants without blinking an eye.

He turned around and looked at me with dark eyes. He took long strides towards me as I backed up at his sudden presence.
''How much have you heard?'' He said lowly, but scary.
''About shipment being delivered.'' I whispered refusing to look at him in the eyes.

He took a deep breath to calm himself down. I gathered my courage to ask him about last sentence.

''Why did you say to kill them all? Why would you kill somebody?'' My bottom lip trembled as I spoke about killing. I was taken aback when he smirked.

''I'm the mafia boss, baby. I kill and sell drugs. That's my work I was talking about.'' He said. My lips parted in shock and I widened my eyes. Although, I love him, I don't know how to react on all of this. But I was for sure angry.

I got up from the bed and rushed into the bathroom. He was keeping this huge secret from me and it made me mad. He knocked on the door, calling my name, but I ignored him as I went to brush my teeth.

When I finished with the bathroom, I got out and went to the closet to get dressed as I was still in his shirt. But he stopped me by wrapping his arm around me and pulling me to his chest.

''Let me go. Now.'' I said as I tried to remove his hand.
''You won't ignore me.'' He said as he loosened his arm around me and started kissing my neck. To prevent myself from giving in, I yanked his hand and backed away from him.

''Watch me.'' I spoke as I continued my path to the closet. He will suffer for lying to me. I took black tight shirt and blue jeans combining my look with white sneakers.

When I got out, he wasn't there which made me sigh in relief. I took my purse and headed to work. The bodyguard escorted me to the cafe and left me in front of it.

I unlocked the doors and prepared everything before customers came which was not long after. I served first few people that arrived and felt tired from small labour.

I just can't forget about the fact that David lied to me. After all we went through in just two months, he actually showed the real face now. I just can't seem to put it in my head.

The door of the cafe opened and inside came my cousin whom I haven't met in a long time. I fully grinned and rushed to hug him.

''Peter, I missed you.'' I said.
''Me too, little Grace. Even if you are not so little anymore.'' He chuckled.
''Why haven't you visited earlier?'' I asked with small pout on my lips.
''I'm sorry about that. I had work to do.''

I led him to one of the tables and sat down across him. There were only few people in the cafe so I could talk to him. Peter has always been like my brother. He protected me from bullies in school and he was always bringing me to theme parks.

We were chatting for awhile until another door opening was heard. I looked if it was any customer when I saw my, annoyingly handsome husband that lied to me, standing on the front door searching for something until his eyes landed on me.

His face seemed to change into angry one when he saw Peter across me. I rolled my eyes as he took long strides towards us. He stopped at our desk before his face held shock and anger.

''What a f**k, Mayson? Why are you f**king talking with my woman?'' Even if my heart fluttered with his last words, I didn't like that he was using profanities and how did he know Peter?

''I'm sorry, Boss. She is my little cousin.'' Boss? Don't tell me...
''You are working for him?'' I snapped shocked.
''Well yeah. I didn't know you're his.'' Peter mumbled, probably scared. I mean it's not his fault that he works for my husband and I knew nothing about it.

''Get out.'' I said. Peter began to get up when I stopped him with my hand.
''Not you. He.'' I pointed to the David who held an expressionless face. Peter's mouth was opened in shock. He was looking at me like I'm crazy.

''We are going to talk when you get home.'' David said as he went out of the door. He can threaten me all he wants when I'm not scared of him.

''Sorry for not telling you, Grace.'' Peter said with guilty face.
''It's fine, Peter. I'm just angry at him.''
''What is he to you?''
''He is my husband.'' Peter looked shocked at first, but his face changed into normal one.
''I don't know what to say on this, but when I actually think about it, maybe you can change our Boss.'' He spoke with sympathy.

''What do you mean?'' I asked confused.
''Gracey, he is so ruthless when working. I mean it's normal for mafia boss to be ruthless, but he is going out of the border.'' He spoke as I noticed gooosebumps raising on his arms.
''What does he do?'' I asked even if I was afraid of the answer.

''There are a lot of things, but I can give you small example.'' He made a grimace. I was so curious, but so scared.
''He shot a man who brought him coffee because the poor man didn't put one tea spoon of sugar, but two.'' He said disgusted.
''And I had to clean his body from the office.'' He pouted slightly, probably remembering about it.

I gasped quietly. How could he do that because of sugar? I can't believe for who I got married to.

''But that was only when he is crazy at the time. Problem is: he can't control himself when he is angry.'' Peter stated.
''Don't worry, Peter. I'll talk to him about that. He can't go around killing people because of some measly mistakes.'' I said taking his hand in reassuring way. He nodded happily and relief passed through his face.