The Great Incident

???'s Pov
"I assure you Ms. Rose, even though it's a dangerous mission, there will be guards at your side". Ozpin said as he took a drink from his mug. "Do you think that I will return sooner than possible?". I asked. "No worries, you'll be back soon enough. However, again I'm sorry. Qrow hasn't been back from his mission, Raven is no where to be found, and Tai is in charge of taking care of the children, I presume? He asked. I nodded in return.

"Are you sure you can do this alone? I mean we'll leave the kids at Ozpin's or have Glynda look after them!". Tai asked for the sixtieth time! "Yes! I'm positive! No worries, I'll be back soon." I looked around as I was about to head out. I see Yang fast asleep on the couch. She stayed up late with Tai to watch a movie, to settle down her nerves.

"I'll be back before you know it".

"RUN (Y/N)!"

"MOMMA!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up, the familiar cold, broken cellar that I've gotten used to, greeted me. I yawned and rubbed my tired eyes.

'How long has it been? A year!? Four years!? A century!? No, I would've been dead....'

I sighed as I got out of the creaking old bed. Actually, I'm surprised on how she's been treating me, almost decently. I guess it's cause I've come to know the feeling of her pain. She has gained more power, she has a more reasonable motive....

I still, til this day, think that it's my fault. I mean, Ozpin sent me, I could've said no... Look where it got me, trapped in a cell....missing my.....little rose.....my.....sunshine....and..Tai. I sniffed as I felt tears clouding my eyes.

Creeeeee......

Slaaaam

Click

click

click

The sound of heels fascinated me.

'Can she be back, so soon?'

The footsteps clicked loudly as the figure approached my cell.

No, it was only Cinder.

I only shook my head as I just wait for whatever she wanted to say.

She looked down at my tired figure with an evil and sickening smirk. "The Mistress would like to see you". I nodded as she unlocked my cellar door.

She moved to the side as I walked out, it's amazing really...all it took was one wrong placement of trust.....

JUST ONE!

I can still remember the day it happened, most importantly, how it happened...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright! Troop B! I need a distraction to lure the heavier Grimm away from the east and west. Think you can fly the silenced bullhead over towards the north? From there imma need you to split into two groups. One travels to the north east and the other goes to northwest." I stated as I drew on the paper map of the dark kingdom.

The Atlas soldiers and I set up a camp miles away from the kingdom. Sadly, not many people survived the dark kingdom. Which means the map that was created didn't have much information to go off by. The best thing to do is hope that the kingdom didn't expand.

"Affirmative, if the coordinates and calculations are correct, then we should be about 200 ft in the air, to avoid the castle, and take about eight hours or less to reach the other side". Lieutenant Rash responded.

'Alright, let's hope to Oum that this mission goes well.'

10 hours later

"Alright, Troop B, you're up" I stated, as the lieutenant Rash nodded and ordered his group to board the three bullheads. "Ms. Rose, I leave my men in your care. Please, be safe and don't let them down". Rash stated with a smile.

I nodded back at him as I walked backwards from the bullheads. They started up and then rose, then one by one, flew off. After seeing them fly off, I walked to the radio tent. Once I entered, I sat in the chair and leaned against it. Pulling out a picture of my family, my mind started to wander around.

'No worries Ruby, Yang. Momma and auntie rose will be home soon. Tai, please..don't burn the house down'.

I smiled at the picture as that thought came to my head, it was interrupted my a static that came from the intercom radio. "Ms. Rose! Do you have your ear piece in!? I've been trying to reach you!". I reached into my pocket and put my ear piece in. I held down the button on it to respond

"Sorry Lieutenant! I was busy packing up food and extra weapons as we speak". I claimed as I got off of the chair and headed to the storage tent. "Alright, just wanted to see if I can still contact you. We are airborne around 30 ft. I will let you know if anything goes wrong." I responded and took of the ear piece.

With a sigh, I stretched my arms and started packing up some fruits for the road up ahead.

Time went by in a flash! I was drinking coffee and getting to know some soldiers as we waited for anymore news. Or at least, the notification that they were on the other side. The next thing you know is that we got a call that they made it!

However, with the amount of time it took for them, we decided to spend one more night to rest for tomorrow.

"Alright Platoon A! Prepare your things we are heading out!" I ordered the soldiers. They all scattered around and some even started going into positions! I felt like a proud mother! As the soldiers lined up I decided to do a quick motivational speech. The kind I would do...with...my team...

I shook my head and opened my mouth already letting my leadership take action.

"Alright soldiers! We are going to head towards the enemy's 'Evernight Castle'. I know you are scared.... I am too. We will face one of the worst enemy to ever face! But, we'll dominant them! We'll stomp on their Hope's and dreams of conquering the world and we will stop at nothing! This war isn't just for us! This is for the fate of humanity, and for the future of our children! We may not return back alive...but that's a sacrifice we are willing to make! Our families will know the pain and sacrifices we have made for them and the people we lost! So let's kick some Grimm butt!".

With that, we were off, some hid in trees, others ran on foot and the battle of humanity started. What I didn't know of course, was that it was for a different cause....

One for a selfish experiment..

Author's Note:
Ladies and Gentlemen! I am slowly getting into the rythm of updating this book on the weekends. It may not be a promise, but it's a reassurance that I'm not discontinuing the book!. Thanks for staying and reading. Now, if you excuse me, my U.S History Teacher is asking a question and I need to participate since I'm an introvert.