Guilt trip!

(Dehradun, Kriya's house)

(Kriya's mom is at the dinning table alone, Kriya yet again refused to eat outside her room. She has been very distant lately.)

Kriya's Mom's POV

It's more than two months now, Kriya is not the same anymore. She is always in the room studying or writing in her journal. It's like I only brought her here physically and her soul is still in Mumbai. She doesn't attend her new college unless it's exams or submissions. She has not been outside the house since we got here. I've tried my best to cheer her up. It's like she is punishing herself for something. I tried taking her for therapy, she hasn't responded to it too. After brief conversation with her therapist I understood how dancing was the most important thing for my daughter and I took that away from her. Not anymore, It's only Kriya who I have as my family. And I let my orthodox beliefs ruin her dreams. If Shivam wouldn't have called me to apologise and tell me about the whole thing that happened with her friends and the competition I would never have understood. What kind of a mother am I? (Sobbing) Today I got her enrolled for dance lessons and she refused to attend it, which came to me as a shocker. This isn't the Kriya I knew, her spirits are killed. And I killed it! Maybe taking her back to Mumbai could do her better but how am I to know if she won't speak, she doesn't speak to me nor anyone. She hasn't opened any emails from anyone in two months, last when I needed her laptop I came across emails pouring from Swayam and she hasn't even bothered to open any of them. Swayam calls on my office landline almost every day to get an update about Kriya. She obviously has been avoiding calls from him too. Swayam seems really genuine and I took these friends away from Kriya. What was I thinking? (Crying) I guess going back is the only option. I'll talk to the bank manager tomorrow itself regarding my transfer. I cannot lose my daughter like that. As long as I live I will support her for everything, and now that I know how talented my daughter is she will be back to dancing in no time once we go back to her world, Mumbai.

(St. Louis College, Mumbai)

(In the Canteen)

(The gang is waiting for Sharon to join them and discuss their strategies to find the new dancer. Rey has been extra busy since he is always involved in college activities. Swayam texts Sharon to know her whereabouts)

[Texts]

Swayam: Hi Sharon! We're waiting for you in the Canteen.

Sharon: ... I know

Swayam: So where are you?

Sharon: I'm in VP sir's office with RDX sir and Shivam. Have a major news.

Swayam: Oh!

Sharon: Swayam?

Swayam: Yes?

Sharon: I need to talk to you.

Swayam: What about?

Sharon: Us!..

*Swaron Background music playing*

Swayam (to the Gang): Guys Sharon is in VP sir's office, she'll take time. I guess we should move to rehersal hall and start with routine for Footloose finals. We'll find the sixth dancer soon but until then I think it's best we already start with a routine. What say Rey?

(Rey broken from his thoughts)

Rey: Yeah. He's right guys. You all can leave the responsibility of finding the new dancer in me. I have lined up some auditions tomorrow and we'll surely find someone worthy.

Vishakha: Thanks ya dude! You're doing so much for us and I've been a lil mean to you lately. I'm sorry.

Rey: Well you haven't life is being mean to me.

(Everyone's face falls hearing this)

Rey: Hey guys don't worry. I'm too busy to think about anything and honestly nothing bothers me now. (Lies)

Neha: Chalo Team Weakling! Let's rehersals doing.

(Everyone feels motivated, except team dazzling who feel a lil demotivated after being eliminated from Footloose regionals, Rey leaves to attend a meeting with the Sports team as sports week is approaching.

Swayam's POV

Sharon wants to talk about "us". We've been in trial relationship for a month now. What if it's a bad news? No it can't be. We have been working really well.
I feel a lil guilty not telling her about Kriya. Actually I'll tell her today, she knew that Kriya is my best friend and will surely understand. I know my Sharon, she is sensible and yet sentimental, values her friends like her family. Only if I could bring the dancer in her back. I'm trying my level best each day. She made me promise her that I won't tell about her insecurities to anyone. She says she wants to handle it on her own. I know he will. And I'm always going to be there by her side no matter what.

(Weaklings team rehersing and preparing new routine for Footloose finals while Dazzling team joins them to help. Both the teams have bonded immensely after the regionals and are stronger than ever)

 Both the teams have bonded immensely after the regionals and are stronger than ever)

(After the Rehersals)

Neha: After long days hum aise practicing no?

Amar: Yes! Feeling all refreshed!

Bharat: Bros and Chikas your Bboy is back! Feelin my vibe yo!..

Vishakha: Ya man! After so long this feeling.

Swayam: I know. This feels really positive and we have to give our heart and soul to every rehearsals to match the level of Footloose.

(The Dazzling team sits on the benches while the others rehearse)

Simmi (to the Dazzler's): Guys I wish we were doing this too. I mean look at them. We criticized their every move and our Weakling friends have proved themselves.

Rinni: Yes Simmi.

Nil: All because of that Shivam!

Vicky: True man! Rey did the best thing by knocking his face the other day. We don't get to compete but I'm happy for ny Kagu.

(The peon shows up and announces to the team that they have been called to VP sir's office immediately. Confusion spreads across everyone's face. Wonder why have all been called now?)

[What do you think is this big news? And let me know how you like the updates. Your comments really matter and motivate me to write better. Next chapter will be very exciting. Will update soon]