Crashed landings- Part I

St. Louis Basketball Court

*Its evening. Rey is alone in the BB court trying to hit the basket. It's raining. Rey is mindlessly hitting the ball in the wrong direction everytime. The lights of the court go off. It's dark. Rey's thoughts are clouded with Kriya's email to Swayam. He is furious and hurt.*

Rey: Kyu Kriya? Why? Everytime I try to come closer to you. You just push me away. If you didn't love me then what was all that, all the time we spent together. Did you just forget everything?

Kriya: Nahi Rey!

*Rey is stunned at what and who he just heard*

Rey: Kriya?? Tum?

Kriya: Ha Rey. It's me.

Rey: Ab kya lene ayi ho? Haven't you taken away a lot already.

Kriya: Rey me bus apse… (cuts her in between)

Rey: You know what? I won't believe anything you say. You are just a liar. Tumne mujse jo bhi kaha tha ab tak sab jhoot tha. Tum sirf khudke baare me sochti ho sirf aur sirf apne matlab k liye. Aur ha tumhara khaas dost, Swayam. Tum Swayam se touch me reh sakti ho but mein kuch bhi nahi tha tumhare liye.

Kriya: (Trying to control her tears) Rey! (Voice all shaky) please listen to me. Let me explain.

Rey: (Yells at her) No! Miss Ghai! Enough is enough! I don't care about you anymore. You're no one to me.

Kriya: Fine! (Snaps back) And yes Rey you're right. Swayam is really important to me. And you'll never understand.

Rey: You know what?? Get lost! Muje tumse koi baat nahi karni.

*Kriya leaves from the basketball court in tears and a very disturbed Rey drops on his knees crying at what just happened. He realises that Kriya was right in front of him and he runs after her, tries to search for her but there was no sight of her. He yells her name and the alarm goes off. Rey wakes up really disturbed. And checks his phone, reads the reminder it flashed. "Announcement" He takes a deep breath and starts getting ready for college.*

St. Louis College, Atrium.

*Many students have gathered in the atrium, there's a storm of murmurs about everyone trying to figure out what this announcement is going to be about. Rey enter and everyone goes silent. Rey sees the crowd and feels a bit stressed. He takes a deep breath and starts to address the students*

THE ANNOUNCEMENT

"Hi everyone! You all must be wondering what the announcement is about. Before I get to that, muje kuch clarify karna hai. Aap sabne toh gossip columns padhe hi hai. And I know bohot sawaal hai aplogo k mann mein. As a GS mere integrity ko leke. As a Dazzlings team captain k responsibility ko leke. Aur nonetheless you guys wanna know my "relationship status" which I don't understand how became so important that I have to justify it.

First of all, team Dazzlings will be competing this year at the footloose finals and so will team weaklings. Today after college hours there is final auditions for the sixth dancer and I promise by the end of the day team weaklings will be complete. That's my word as a GS of this college.

You guys think that I've been biased, as i had considered Taani as the new Assistant GS. But let me tell you guys that won't happen. Not unless there is fair elections for the same.

And finally the gossip column fiasco, Yes! I am I'm a relationship. *Everyone gasps* And I have no interest in disclosing who that person is. But I have a request to make, stop ridiculing Taani for this. She is a wonderful girl. And I really like her. What was written in the column was all fake. Someone is only trying to mess with us. Taani is not my stalker. Infact, she is really a special friend.

I request you all to stop giving so much attention to these fake columns and trust your student council. We surely will work really hard for the welfare of this college.

Thankyou everyone!"

*Everyone cheered and clapped for Rey and showed support towards their GS. One very familiar voice came from the crowd questioning the GS*

" So that means ANY student can apply for the position of AGS, since Kriya is long gone. So anyone can replace her if I'm not wrong"

*Hearing this Rey clenched his fist in anger and was about to lose his temper when Swayam interrupted and responded*

"Actually Shivam No. No one can replace Kriya. And here the concern is only specific for the position of college AGS. So why don't you move on already from your sick games"

*Shivam had his wicked smile pasted across his face while he left from there and so did all the students. Someone very unexpected heard this announcement. She entered the college just when Rey was making this announcement and heard him say "I am in a relationship…. Taani is very special to me" She couldn't hold it any longer she left from the atrium and ran out of there*

After college hours, in the rehearsal hall

The corridors, classrooms, canteen is deserted. All the students have gathered at the auditorium for the final auditions. Everyone seems very excited. Team weaklings is very hopeful this time, especially Swayam. Sharon and the rest of the gang are sitting in the front row judging the candidates. They were impressed by quite a few but couldn't come across "That dancer" that they've been looking for.

Meanwhile, in the Rehearsal hall there is a girl who is dancing her heart out. Yes! yes! You guessed it right!

*Tu Jaane Na playing in background*

Kriya who came back to the life she had left behind, the person who she missed and longed for every single day ever since her exit had moved on. Kriya is shattered. Not being able to express her feelings any other way she chose to dance it out.

She takes leaps and bounds and does crazy pirouettes and falls on the floor hurting her elbow

Kriya's POV

Kyu Universe ji! Kyu! Mere liye wapas ana was the most difficult thing ever. Mein Rey ko sab sach batana chahti thi. Surprise karna chahti thi milke. But aaj muje sabse bada shock mil gaya. Rey move on kar chuke hai. Aur shayad muje sab bhool jana chaiye. But itna asaan nahi hai *sobs* I really love you Rey. But shayad yehi hona likha tha. I really hope aap khush ho. Apko khush dekhke k alawa apse aur kuch nahi chahiye muje. Ab mein aur mera dance hi hai. St. Louis me wapas ana, mein isse galati nahi maanugi. Mera dance hi ab mere liye sab kuch hai. *Wipes her tears and stand up, continues dancing*

*Milke bhi hum na mile
Tumse na jaane kyu
Meelo ke hai faasle
Tumse na jaane kyu…..*

Kriya moves along with every beat and becomes one with the music. Someone passes by the Rehearsal hall. Who is it??

Rey's POV

"Ye Rehearsal hall me is waqt kon hai." *Goes near the door to look inside but is unable to see the girls face, though her moves leave him awestruck *gets Kriya's flashback* *KR sad bgm playing* "What! K..Kriya? *Voice echoes in his head* He leans forward to get a look at eho she was when he gets a call and moved away from the door to answer it. "Yes Sharon mein auditorium hi aa raha hu. Ha I know! Yes! I'll be there. I have to meet RDX sir first, I have to discuss AGS elections with him, will be there in 15 mins. Yes okay bye!"

He turns around and finds there is no one in the rehearsal hall, he goes further and sees Taani at a distance, she is panting and looks like she is sneaking out of the rehearsal hall.

Rey's POV

"Whatttt??? It was Taani?? Taani can dance?? And that too so well. Oh my God! I have to tell this to others. They will love her. Finally! Team weaklings is complete."

[I apologise for the delay in updating chapters. Had exams going on. Finally Kriya is in St. Louis. Comment and let me know how you like it. Part II will be uploaded day after tomorrow. Thankyou for all those who have been reading my story so far.]