chapter twenty

ALENA'S POV

The ten officers surrounded the team as Hotch began to brief

"We are looking for a murderous couple, mid to late twenties. They are young but old enough to be served in a bar or something. They have been robbing small, local establishments as well as murdering anyone at the scene. We are deeply sorry for the loss of your three officers but if you follow out profile, no one else will get hurt."

Hotch signalled for me to take over. I cleared my throat and began

"This couple follow in the famous footsteps of 1920s American murdering couple Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. This couple are so blinded by the idea of the power that they have taken the identity of Bonnie and Clyde, they will have their own identities that they hide behind but during their raids, they take on the personas of Bonnie and Clyde so they aren't caught. They also dress up like the old couple, cowboy and cowgirl attire. They carry guns and fire whenever they raid a building to show their power. This couple are mentally ill, the identity theft is just the beginning for them. They will be striking on the streets, ready to raid and murder anyone."

The officers finished taking notes as Gideon took over. Emily tapped me on the shoulder as the whole team went into a small conference room.

"That profile gave me shivers Alena."

I was shocked and chuckled

"How come?"

"The way you described it, you meant what you said. You can really act."

I rolled my eyes and kept on walking. JJ scooted next to me

"So how's it going with Spencer?"

I, again, rolled my eyes but Emily chirped up

"Yeah, I wanna know. What's it been like two years? You guys haven't even gotten engaged yet. Wow."

I scoffed, smiling thinking about

"Well we are just taking things slow in the relationship that's all."

JJ giggled

"Wait, you guys haven't even? You know?"

She lifted her eyebrows and Emily laughed. I laughed as well, sighing

"Um yes thank you very much."

They both looked shocked

"Wait you and Spencer have actua-"

I scoffed

"YES!! Why is that so hard to believe?"

Suddenly, Spencer walked over. Wrapping his arms around my waist and eavesdropping on the conversation

"What are you three gossiping about!"

We all chuckled as Emily and JJ walked off. Emily gestured to Reid's arms and mouthed 'go on girl' which made me chuckle. I grabbed a case file from Reid's hand and playfully hit him on the head. He laughed as I ruffled his hair and sat down in a chair next to him. The phone rang and it was Garcia

"Hey Garcia, what's up?"

She sounded traumatised

"There has been another raid and murder. The location is a small gas station on the outskirts of the town."

Everyone was confused. JJ asked

"How come we didn't get the notification?"

Garcia gulped

"Because photos of the crime scene had been anonymously sent to me. I geolocated the scene."

I hung up

"Thanks Garcia."

Gideon ordered

"Morgan, Emily, JJ, Aaron, we will go to the crime scene. Alena and Reid, stay here and work on victimology."

I nodded as they all walked out.

A FEW HOURS LATER

I was typing in on a computer and Spencer was starring longingly at a chalkboard. My eyes wondered over to his direction as I could tell he was quiet for a bit too long.

"Ok, I'll bite. What's wrong?"

His wondering eyes met mine

"Well there's two things really."

"I bet there's a thousand things going on in that genius mind of yours. Come on, what's going on?"

He walked over to me, I stood up as he placed his hands around my waist

"Do you think we are taking things too slow? I mean nothing kind of intimate happened in our relationship until a day ago and even that wasn't really intimate. I feel like I am no good for a beautiful girl like y-"

I silenced his nonsense with a passionate kiss. I pulled away after a blissful moment and wrapped my hands around his torso

"Hey. Listen to me, yes Emily and Morgan and JJ may be teasing but to me, intimacy isn't the key focus in a relationship. I love you for who you are, your quirkiness, your intelligence. I don't care how slow we take it, as long as you are comfortable with the pace."

His face lit up, smiling back at me

"God, what did I do to deserve a girl like you?"

I smiled back, releasing a small giggle

"I don't know, I am pretty amazing."

He chuckled, placing a quick kiss on my forehead before returning to his work

"So what's the other thing Spence?"

He gazed at the chalkboard again, adjusting his glasses

"I find it strange how these two are completely off the grid, we have no way of locating them. But their robbery and murder pattern is out of the ordinary."

I typed on my computer for a while until the phone rang, it was my dad

"Hey dad, your on speaker with me and Spencer."

"We are at the crime scene right now. It seems as if it was a robbery but no one was killed apart from an officer on the scene. The rest of the victims described the couple as dark haired, blue eyed and dressed in old, cowboy clothes like you said. They only seem to murder officers on the scenes to cover their tracks and they blackmail others. They sometimes kill the victims in case they get too aggressive towards the couple."

I thanked my dad for the information and hung up. I typed into the system all the information and found a match. It all suddenly all fell into place, like a puzzle. I grabbed the chalk from Spencer's veiny hand and started to write

"What is it?"

The scrapping of the chalk against the board was ear bleeding but the information was flowing out of me. The team came back as soon as I finished writing. They say down as I explained

"They are essentially following the footsteps of Bonnie and Clyde right? So if that's the case, they will be two stops away from completing the full cycle. They already raided and murdered everyone and every place that Bonnie and Clyde did. If I'm right, they should be raiding a bar a few miles from the previous crime scene in a day or so. We need to warn."

Hotch ordered

"Morgan, Reid and Alena, you go to the bar and warn the owner. The rest will stay here and take over victimology."

I interrupted Hotch

"Sorry Hotch, can I take Emily with?"

Emily nodded as she got her badge and we all walked out.