chapter forty seven

ALENA'S POV

"Did you set up that security system I sent to you?"

"Yes love I did."

I sighed

"I just worry, he could be out there right now. I thought you were going to be safe there, away from all the danger."

"Hey, don't get worked up about it. I'll be fine, I know you worry about me just like I worry about you but that's family. If I'm in trouble, I'll deal with it. But for now, help the team figure out who this guy is."

"I'll try dad."

"Well if anyone can do it, you can."

"I've got to go dad, I love you."

"I love you too sweetie."

I hung up the phone, smiling as I saw his contact fade. My dad was ok. I made an effort of calling him everyday, I even sent him a security surveillance for him to install so he was safe. It was motion censored, so it was the best of the best. He was right, I was worried about him. It didn't take much for him to be knocked down, he out on a strong suit but on the inside, he was scared. As was I. But I wanted to be strong, I couldn't be scared. I had three lives to protect, my family, as well as the rest of my team.

Everyone was working in pairs. I was paired with Garcia, Emily was paired with JJ, Morgan was with Spencer and Rossi was with Hotch. They analysed the pictures each person took. Garcia had Morgan's and I had my fathers. We worked tirelessly, as Hotch ordered, I could feel my heavy eyes dropping.

"ALENA!!"

I jolted up, rubbing my eyes

"Sorry. I dropped off."

It was exhausting, scanning through hundreds of photos for the tiniest details. Most of them were so precisely taken, I couldn't spot anything. Garcia found a small detail

"Alena, look at this."

I walked over to her computer screen, and saw she had an image of my dad on her screen. On the picture, something caught my eye.

"Garcia, do you see that?"

She leaned closer to her computer screen

"Yeah, what is it?"

"It looks like a reflection, zoom in."

She zoomed in and scanned the image with the reflection and a name popped up.

"James Louderman. 56. He lives down the street."

I grabbed my satchel and went to walk out of Garcia's office. She grabbed my arm

"Where are you going? Aren't you going to tell Hotch?"

I sighed

"I can't. I know he ordered me to go to him whenever we had a lead or in this case, an answer, I think it would be more beneficial for the Unsub if I went alone. To try and talk him down."

She frowned, looking more stern

"Alena, you can't go alone. The last time you went al-"

"I lost my child?"

She didn't know what to say, she was speechless.

"Oh my. I'm so sorry Penelope, something just happened."

She cocked her head to the side

"Alena, have you been having regular mood swings?"

I nodded

"Yeah, I pretty much always get mood swings. Why?"

She smiled

"Alena. Are you?"

I couldn't hide it, I was too excited. I smiled, she squealed pulling me into a tight hug.

"OH MY GOD!!! I AM GONNA BE AN AUNTIE!!!"

I laughed, sitting her down

"Keep your voice down. I haven't even told Spencer yet."

She covered her mouth in shock

"How far are you?"

"Four months. I was waiting for the safe mark before I tell anyone. But, when I get bigger I am putting in a request to stay with you in the office."

She smiled

"I'm gonna look after you and the little one? This is the best day ever!!"

I grabbed her hand

"Do you wanna feel?"

She nodded her head vigorously. I placed her hand on my semi bloated stomach, she waited for a moment before squealing

"Oh my god I can feel the heart beat!! Do you have a gender yet?"

I shook my head

"I can't find out the gender until five months."

Her face beamed with happiness

"Ok, I am going to grab something from my car. Please, you have to keep this a secret Penelope."

She nodded, a smile radiating across her face

SPENCER'S POV

I saw Alena walk out of Garcia's office and make her way out of the bullpen. I raced over to her, pressing a kiss on the right side of her neck

"Good afternoon."

She smiled

"Good afternoon to you pretty boy. Everything ok?"

"Yeah, just missed you. How are you and Garcia getting on?"

She nodded

"Yeah, we're fine. How's you and Morgan?"

She looked over as did I to see Morgan with his head on the desk, sleeping

"Well that tells you everything."

She giggled, I continued

"So where are you off to? Maybe I can join you? We can take a break?"

She smiled, biting her lip

"Just popping out to my car, sorry lover boy. We can take a break shortly though, it looks like you need it."

She tussled my hair, running her soft fingers through my curly hair. She leaned in, kissing me. The blissful moment lasted for a second before she pulled away

"Oh, I have a surprise for you later. Meet me by Morgan's desk at 8pm."

I tilted my head to the side

"Why? What is the surprise?"

She smiled, biting her lip for the second time

"It's called a surprise for a reason babe."

She walked out, jangling her keys in her hand. I walked over to Morgan who still had his head on the desk. I slammed down on the desk, he shot up

"Oh sorry, didn't realise you were sleeping."

He rolled his eyes, returning back to his file. A few minutes past, Rossi and Hotch came out of Hotch's office. Out the corner of my eye, I saw a man walk into the bullpen. I walked over to him, as I never saw him before and he looked upset

"Excuse me Sir, are you ok?"

He pulled out a gun and pointed it at me. Morgan, Rossi, Hotch and Emily pointed their guns as I just lifted my hands.

"Hey, everything is ok. Please, just put the gun down."

He grabbed my collar and pointed the gun to my head, starring and shouting at the team. There was one thing on my mind, Alena. She wasn't here, where is she?